Top tips, hacks and tricks.

Mr Badger

Didymus
Edit My Images
No
I thought it might be a good idea to share any tips, tricks, hacks, etc. regarding film photography, equipment, film developing, scanning, etc. I'll start the ball rolling with one of mine:

Last year the drive belt broke on my 1960s Hanimex Auto slide projector and I couldn't find a replacement belt listed on the internet for that specific make and model of projector. So I carefully measured the diameter and thickness of the old belt and managed to find a nitrile rubber 'O' ring seal listed on eBay that was the right size and shape. It cost me under £3 including postage and has worked perfectly so far. So there's an idea to consider if you need a drive belt for a projector. :)

Last edited:
Interesting. I do actually need one for my 1960s reel to reel tape recorder.

If your old leather hiking boots are leaking but the soles are still ok, squirt thin cheap superglue ( Screwfix no nonsense is good) into the gap between uppers and sole and around eye fixings.

Wish I could think of a photography related one.

Wish I could think of a photography related one

H'mm for cameras I can only think of gaffa tape over the camera body for light leaks, but have used home made fixes for tripods and use cameras cases for one make on another make camera.

Last edited:
You can buy just about any belt you need. Very easy on the internet. Forget about make and model, just Google by size.

Back