Topcliffe Gliding Club.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Took the new 500mm to Topcliffe gliding club Near Thirsk.

Beautiful day today so had to go somewhere.

Check these out and leave any comments please.

Exif details embedded in all shots.

6.jpg

7.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

9. And to finish a glider of a different kind..
crow.jpg

Great set - loving them all! 8 is tops!!! One hell of a lens you've got there!

Good shots, looked at them first on eos forum ;)

We sometimes race bikes at Topcliffe on the old runway section. Not the motocross track!

Carl.

Must be quite an experience being up in a glider :)

Makes me want to go up as a passenger - of course that idea might not seem so good once the effect of the wine with dinner has worn off :)

Great shots Tim. Do you get blurry ones that you don't post? Sharpness seems to be your thing

I really like number 8, nice colours, it almost looks like a painting. (y)
The crow is well captured too. :clap:
The glider shots (while technically good) don't really do anything for me I'm afraid :shrug:

Rich :)

Great shots Tim. Do you get blurry ones that you don't post? Sharpness seems to be your thing

As the dog in the tv insurance advert says "Oh yes" Robert..:LOL:

I suspect even Cedric gets some bin fodder among his wonderful work....:cautious:

Nice shots, nice glass.
Now book yourself on as a passenger and go experience... it is ... well you have to do it...

Nice shots, nice glass.
Now book yourself on as a passenger and go experience... it is ... well you have to do it...

Already done, There is no doupt about it I'm not backward at coming forwards when out with the camera.:LOL:

I got a flight over the Christmas period in a light aircraft due to making chit chat while out with the camera.:nuts:

Did the same today, A pilot asked if I got any shots of him coming in to land, I showed him in the viewfinder and he promised if I emailed him the shots he would take me up for a flight..:clap:

Why not I ask myself..:D

That'll be your 500mm macro lens then?:D

These are great and the inclusion of the bird makes an excellent package.

Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of trying to also get such brill pics..............shoot from a place of safety. A very experienced, well respected glider photographer recently was killed taking photos at a gliding competition, as they all came in fast and low, to cross the finishing line. He stood up in an unsafe place and the glider wing took his head off.

Take pics by all means, but take care. Air fields are dangerous places and especially so with gliders, as they are so silent you don't hear them coming.

PS: MY 1000th post!!

that last glider shot is on a different level, like it :)

Great shots but my only gripe would be the shots against the blue sky. The white is bleached leaving next to no detail. I know they dont hold much but under exsposing by 0.3 or sometimes even 0.7 will allow the image to show a little more form.

King.

PS: Love the first.

Hope you dont mind, just to show what I mean, not a potoshop expert as I use aperture but if you look at the wings you can see the shape of them, this was done using highlight recovery, in camera that will translate to underexsposing slightly. White aircraft, I find are always difficult to get right.

143.jpg

under exsposing by 0.3 or sometimes even 0.7 will allow the image to show a little more form.

King.

Thanks...

You've caused me to think a bit as I always shoot on + 0,3 or +0,7 and (especially with white) aircraft against a blue sky don't always look natural after I have had my go at levels

Makes a lot of sense though...:thinking: Maybe that's why I didn't think of it up to now...

:LOL:

Back