Torch Relay - Rescue Image

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure where to put this really, I underestimated the crowd and was going to get there early but was waiting for a friend and ended up being stuck in a ***** place with a marshal who managed to get right in the way!

Is there any way to rescue this do you think?

IMG_0231.jpg

Thanks

ouch. thats a shame too as it would have been a cracker. i can only think of cropping, but you're only going to have have a runner and missing a lot of the road, which is part of the image.

id be interested to see what effect can be accomplished, i have quite a few where someone has got in the way and an opportunity missed :(

I am so gutted! It was a great experience don't get me wrong just wished I could of gotten one reasonable image! This would of been it if that bloody marshall wasn't in the way, not sure if anyone would be able to help remove the marshall and reconstruct his leg lol Not sure I have the skills to try but would be willing if someone could help.

Hi Matt,

I'm going to move this into the post processing section for you . . . unless I'm misinterpreting it you're really looking for help on how to rescue the shot.

Do you have another image of the runner with his right leg intact? It would help with being able to reconstruct that part of the image. I think doing what you want is achievable, but to do it well would be a time consuming and fiddly job.

(TBH I like a bit of a challenge, so if you don't get any help in there I might have a go at this over the weekend when I have some more free time.)

Thanks for moving it, wasn't sure where to post it.

Here is what else I have:

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Not sure how much help they'll be.

I tried to use the marquee tool to take a chunk of the crowd and copy it to cover the marshals head up but I couldn't get it to blend too well and I couldn't find a way to get the leg right lol looked like a right bodge job.

Thanks

My effort but you really would need spend some real quality time to make this happen...of which sadly I do not :cool:

runner.jpg

You could mess around trying to clone out the marshall or you could use the second picture in your second post which i think is the best photo of the set.

Back