Torridon and Skye

Ted

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I drove over 1000miles through the Scottish Highlands over the Easter break as it was my first, and possibly only, chance to check it out (heading back to NZ soon). I got lucky with some great weather so loads to sort through yet but these three jumped out on my first look through.

3447921975_caaaf40b40_o.jpg

3447922283_33f3efb6df_o.jpg

3448738172_f472fb428f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely pictures Ted, 2 being my favourite :)

Cracking part of Scotland!

Cheers. I had obviously seen loads of pictures of the area but it blew me away seeing it in person.

these are great shots, shows the beauty of this wonderful landscape.

well done get them printed and on display(y)

Thanks for the comments Cason and Yv.

Anyone know the name of the peak in the first? my map wasn't detailed enough.

Gosh, just how lucky can you get, Skye imports rain :)

1&2 are very good-classic Highland shots, but the third is my pick, dramatic sky with that slightly curved line in the rock leading you in and providing exceptional depth.

Good work all round.

Thanks Les. Was just checking out your website and your shots from round thses parts are awesome - love the light you've captured. I'm guessing you would know the name of the Peak in the first?

Gosh, just how lucky can you get, Skye imports rain :)

1&2 are very good-classic Highland shots, but the third is my pick, dramatic sky with that slightly curved line in the rock leading you in and providing exceptional depth.

Good work all round.

sums up what i thought nicely. :)

Not sure if thats it or not. Doesn't look too similar in the pics. Will have another crack at a google

Looks like the red hills on Skye to me, which would make that Glamaig.
The peak is called Sgurr Mhairi I think.

Lovely shots btw ;)

Very nice shots Ted, glad you enjoyed the Highlands. Hope you post some of NZ for us to enjoy when you return.

If the first shot was taken from the A82 (Rannoch Moor) it would be the much photographed Black Mount.. looks a familiar shot. I could be wrong of course...

PS: Great shots, put my Skye images to shame... grrrr, must do better!

Last edited:
Excellent captures - you had lovely light.

Looks like the red hills on Skye to me, which would make that Glamaig.
The peak is called Sgurr Mhairi I think.

Lovely shots btw ;)

Spot on. Shot I would guess approching Sligachan from the North of Skye.These are crackers Ted. But like Les, the final image stands out for me. The lead-in and toning is gorgeous but moody.

Thanks for sorting that out for me guys! I quite like the third myself. My first real play with the 10 stop filter and it gave everything loads more depth

2 and 3 are great!(y)

Cheers. just going through a few more now.

Excellent captures - you had lovely light.
I've been told that there arn't too many days in the year that you can see the mainland from where I was standing in the second so got pretty lucky with good visibility. Was just a matter of sticking around for the sun to get lower.

Very nice shots Ted, glad you enjoyed the Highlands. Hope you post some of NZ for us to enjoy when you return.

Thanks Donna. I lived in NZ for 28 years and never took a photo of the landscape. I'm hangin out to get back there and get amongts it. Will post for sure.

3 very strong images here imo! The 1st wins it for me due to the fabulous light and the stillness of it:clap:

Fantastic shots mate. Cannot believe you have not taken any pics in NZ my brother moved to Christchurch from Edinburgh 4 years ago and some of the scenery is outstanding.Safe journey back.

Fantastic shots mate. Cannot believe you have not taken any pics in NZ my brother moved to Christchurch from Edinburgh 4 years ago and some of the scenery is outstanding.Safe journey back.

Ha. Christchurch is my hometown :) Only got the photography bug when I moved here cos I wanted to get some decent snaps of my travels. Its now an obsession so will be doing all I can to make up for lost time :)

Back