Totally confused

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I use my desktop to download and work on my images but would like the ability to edit them on my Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop. I have LR installed on it but don't seem to be able to be able to sync it to the desktop, I thought that's what it did or am I wrong? I can see the folders via LR mobile on my cheapo android phone.

Am I doing something wrong or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I have a subscription to adobe LR and PS and am using LR classic.

If you want it to automatically sync you need to use Lightroom CC (i.e. NOT Classic). It also works for mobile, hence you can see it on your phone.

Otherwise you need to import and export catalogues across computers.

If you want it to automatically sync you need to use Lightroom CC (i.e. NOT Classic). It also works for mobile, hence you can see it on your phone.

Otherwise you need to import and export catalogues across computers.

Or have all images and the lrcat file on an external drive which you switch between the computers.

Or have all images and the lrcat file on an external drive which you switch between the computers.
That would be what I would prefer but wouldn't there be a problem if the hard drive came up as a different drive letter with different computers?

That would be what I would prefer but wouldn't there be a problem if the hard drive came up as a different drive letter with different computers?

I suppose that could happen, however I've not experienced it as far as I can remember and I'm running my entire catalog between 2 computers. I think you can fix a persistent drive letter to the external drive either in Windows or another tool (I quite like EaseUs Partition Master free).

I guess worst case scenario you'd just redirect Lightroom to the parent folder and it will find everything.

Back