Touche

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from the British Fencing Championships.

2667536713_64a0f766a7_o.jpg

2665018454_63ef790245_o.jpg

2667536913_3bc7aeefe8_o.jpg

2665017966_9a561a91be_o.jpg

2667537085_c503facf1a_o.jpg

2665216402_bea9255f3c_o.jpg

TFL Ian.

very nice shots of a very hard sport to take pictures of well..

always a pleasure mate..(y)

md:wave:

V Nice shots! & I thought cricket was hard with the "whiteness":eek:. I'd like to give this a go!. Kind regards Graham

Not sure I've seen any of these on here before ... :thinking: ... but these are ace images Ian ... (y) ... and you seem to have managed the metering issues of the white gear extremely well ... :clap: ... really good to see these unusual shots ... ;)

:p

Excellent set. And so hard to get good shots of this sport. #1 is the standout for me, loads of action, plenty of drama and great composition.

A set of good images Good detail great focus a good Dof. It's good to see different subjects. Work well in mono also.

Paul

A great set, the first one and the mono conversion are my favourites, as they capture the speed of movement superbly Shame about the b/g but you can't have everything.

Very nice set P.E I think you have captured the sport well there, I think the best one for me is the B&W one... that is a stunner..

Shutterman

Have some more! Great set. I have never seen this sport live but imagine it would be very tricky to capture and super-fast so to catch so many important parts of the match is very impressive. Well done! :clap:

Nice photos but it must be nigh on impossible to get anything interesting in a game where faces are fully covered. It would be nice to see the facial expression of someone who's just been jabbed with one of them long pointy things ;)

Nice photos but it must be nigh on impossible to get anything interesting in a game where faces are fully covered. It would be nice to see the facial expression of someone who's just been jabbed with one of them long pointy things ;)

Fencing was one of the sports I worked on when I worked at the Syndney Olympics. The shot to get is the celebration shot when the winning fencer removes their mask. I never realised that fencers got so into it. It's a great sport ot watch live for that reason, oh and the fact that some of the women were absolutely stunning. ;) I remember a young Polish fencer who was drop dead gorgeous. It's one sport where woman don't have to be either an extreme as in Fatima Whitbread/Paula Radcliffe type body shapes.

I think youve done great with the pics, especially given the speed of movement and tight space to capture it.
My fave has to be the b&w 'hit' shot, such a classic, could be straight from a Leon Paul catalogue!
I also like the last shot, again for the classic pose.
You must be really chuffed with these ...smashing stuff! :clap:

Agree with the others; nice set of images in what look like a nightmare environment. The black and white stands out for me, although I'd be tempted to do a bit more post work to knock the background back a bit, especially the slump-shouldered, hands in pocket bloke in the background ;o)

Back