Tough Day at Glencoe

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a while since I had the motivation for a proper photo day out but I just about managed today. Heavy rain and wind made keeping filters and lenses dry almost impossible and the vast majority of shots went straight in the bin. Love watching the weather go through the glen whatever the photos and it helped clear my head so was well worth it.

Glencoe by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Corpach Wreck by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

1,2,&4 are all lovely shots showing what great landscape colours you have there in the UK/Scotland with or without the rain although I thing that on this occasion the rain has helped these shots in showing what it looks like in these conditions.
Shot 3 is well composed with the lead-in line of debris/weed going to the boat but for me the boat just blocks the way just sitting there somehow just does not cut it for me.
Thanks for posting these lovely shots and for getting your arse out there when most folk would say, nah it`s raining and go back to bed.

Lovely set, well worth the effort Simon (y)

1,2,&4 are all lovely shots showing what great landscape colours you have there in the UK/Scotland with or without the rain although I thing that on this occasion the rain has helped these shots in showing what it looks like in these conditions.
Shot 3 is well composed with the lead-in line of debris/weed going to the boat but for me the boat just blocks the way just sitting there somehow just does not cut it for me.
Thanks for posting these lovely shots and for getting your arse out there when most folk would say, nah it`s raining and go back to bed.

Thanks, I tend to agree about three. It was my first visit so the boat became the subject and that did lead to a lack of surroundings. The wider shots I attempted never worked out with rain on the lens so was glad to get anything.

Very nice set of shots, liking all of these very much. Strange how opinions differ, for me without a doubt the boat pic’ would be my fav’ with #4 being a close second.

George.

Great pictures, I think the last one is showing what you put up with best :)
Here is what the majority of shots were like. I love this type of weather but photography is very difficult and it doesn't seem to matter what way you point the camera the wind always seems to drive the rain into the lens.

Attachments

• _8505832.jpg
    _8505832.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 18
Love the boat shot.Where about was it taken ?

Back