Tour de France - Prologue

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Well, I went down to Green Park today, thinking it'd be the safe bet for being a touch quieter.

BIG mistake. The crowds were immense, but everyone very good natured and having a good time.

Sadly, unless you were there early, photo oppourtunities were impossible, and the ones I've got all suffer from random head invasion. Grrr.

Anyway, it was well worth seeing and reminded me that sometimes there are positives from living in London!

Here's the gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jshackley/TourDeFrance07

Cheers,
James

Isd say you did well to get any with the crowds like that reported on the tv. Dont think id have risked taking my camera gear with that kinda crowd around either, cant believe there wearing fulll suits, it werent that cold was it?

as said if you were not that close you did well some nice shots there mate,,,

Not at all, it was boiling hot!

I was about third deep at the side, and that was the best spot I could find. I've not seen those kind of crowds before - it made Carnival which goes past the front of the house like an intimate gathering of friends!

Cheers,
James

Some nice pictures there, even with the extra heads!

I know, tell me about it - I had a couple of absolute beauties ruined by this. Nothing turns me from mild-mannered Mr Moos3h, to a potential raving nutter quite like it...

Cheers,
James

Shame, but look on the bright side that you have some kick-ass shots anyway.

Ever thought of doing a local race/time-trial/velodrome shoot? I'm sure the BCF could point you in the right direction, and you'd be pretty much on your own.

Nice to see a different subject on the forums - really nice photos with great colours.

here's some of mine

t-mobile.jpg

wide.jpg

wigginsteam.jpg

Wow - whereabouts was that? It was jam packed wherever I went!

Sunday?

Cheers,
James

Just had another look they are good, but if you where doing it all the time, as good as these are, id suggest from a rider's point of view, trying to find some up hill, or on a fast corner, or sprint location.

or like first 2 posted by tango charlie. Nothing better then seeing yourself leaning over close to the floor, or muscles looking liking the trying to vurst through you skin. Vain made be, but you'd sell a few to the cyclist

Instead of starting another thread I will add to this one. Here are a few of mine from Saturday. I was standing on the other side of the road to tango charlie.

1)
original.jpg

2)
original.jpg

3)
original.jpg

4)
original.jpg

5) When I look at this image I think of that cartoon 'the Tick'
original.jpg

6) The only half decent panning shot of the day.
original.jpg

Comments welcome

I learnt to not forget the suncream and hat! My forehead was very sore and my arms suffered a bit too. It was a great day though. Wish i'd been there either on my own or with other people wanting to get shots as I was forced away from the rails by family and friends getting very frustrated by being ignored!

Back