Tour of Britain Bike Race

Edit My Images
Yes
1380011283_edaa3014b8.jpg

Just happened to have my camera in work with me today as I was leaving my job today to go back to Uni! Saw a load of lights coming over the flyover in Seaforth, Liverpool followed by this lot doing about 40 + mph!
It was the noise that amazed me most, just a whooshing sound as they flew past! The whole thing was over in a matter of seconds and I had had no idea it was even taking place - right place right time eh?

Just thought I would share it with you.:)

Ohh were they racing? I was in Liverpool as they went past Albert Dock. It was very dull as they were going slowly and as 1 large block.

Ohh were they racing? I was in Liverpool as they went past Albert Dock. It was very dull as they were going slowly and as 1 large block.

Yes, the police were racing ahead to move the traffic and they just flew by. I had literally just come out of a residential home that I visit when I spotted them and grabbed my camera - everyone around looked really surprised as everything went really quiet except the whirrr of the wheels! (Followed by LOADS of support vehicles). Am still stunned!
It was the fact they were in one large block that amazed me, inches away from each other but going so fast!

Huh still in the block? I expected them to be racing.

They seemed to be racing as there were some out front but I assumed they have to stay as a fairly tight group as the police were only about 100yards ahead. It was the block that fascinated me anyway.:)

nice shot. I missed the start down here in Somerset last week. They are not racing cos they are on the hoods. They are all sitting up taking it easy. Amazing speed isn't it !?but its possible because they are all in a bunch sheltered from the wind and they take it in turns on the front.

what do you think he is thinking lol
1387902778_a46794f6fe.jpg

Probably same as i was thinking :LOL:

I couldnt get near finish line but sneeked in for presentation unfortunatly so did lot of other people but was near front. i took few, ok more than few of juniour race that was ran & they still go a some speed.

It's all about timing and tactics - choosing when to make a break from the pack. Some of the early triers will just burn out and fade.

Back