Tour of Britain

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
3 & 5 Pick of the bunch for me, nice POV. You stand around for ages and like you say, it's all over in seconds!!

3 & 5 Pick of the bunch for me, nice POV. You stand around for ages and like you say, it's all over in seconds!!
Cheers.....be nice to jump in the car and follow but no chance...

I have a spot set out for me tomorrow for local paper.. probably hang around for an hr then all over :(

decent set there.. wheres wiggins? :)

Some nice action shots Phil, I know what you mean about the waiting. At least you didn't get wet.
Only done pro cycling once, which was on a loop through Wilton (near Salisbury) and surrounding area. Gave me a chance to try different shots from different parts of the circuit.

You picked the perfect spot to capture these images. Love that shot of the peloton.

Lovely images. It's coming through my home town of Bedlington tomorrow, planning on ditching work early and heading there for a few shots. I plan to shot this like I would horse racing, as they're probably travelling at a similar speed. But I'm unsure whether to use the kit lens and go for some wider shots, or the 55-200 and go for individuals. Got to be one or the other given how quickly they'll pass through. Group shots probably more interesting?

As others have said good spot to take pics. On hol in Portugal ATM so missed the tour going through North Wales, though watched in with a friend last time and as he said when they had all gone past in about 20 seconds- not much of a spectator sport is it.
Good to watch on TV though esp the TDF with Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen commentating- love them

Back