Towards Scar Side

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
This was an image taken last month when visiting Scale Haw Force. It was taken from the village of Hebden at the Grassington end of the road to Pateley Bridge. In the last twelve months I spent a small fortune of wide angle lenses for landscapes plus a new tripod, head and L-bracket and then I go and take this hand-held at the long end of a 70-200mm :rolleyes:

Towards Scar Side by Peter Bindon, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely rugged feel to this one Peter and a great atmospheric sky to it.

Lovely scene, don't suppose you have a colour version ?

Many thanks for the comments Steve and Andrew.

I do have the original colour RAW file but this was processed very much with B&W in mind so wasn't just a colour edit followed by a straight mono conversion.

The sky is gorgeous, and I like the composition, but the hillside etc is just too bright for me.
From the position of the shadow it was about as bright as possible, which is hard shooting anyway.
I really want to love it, but that brightness makes me squint. Sorry. :(

That's one very nice shot Peter, and well suited to B&W. Great composition with a beautiful sky and a very nice full range of mono tones.(y)

George.

It resonates of Yorkshire to me. What else is better for an image than to evoke such thoughts.

I like this Peter, agree with George's comments - the brightness doesn't bother me. Love the diagonal composition.

Not being picky, but would like to see the colour version.

The b/w does not does not for me, a bit too complex in that format.

Mj

I like the composition and processing Peter but it looks a tad bright to me still - have you tried pulling back the exposure a little?

(y)

Back