Tower bridge, HMS Belfast & FGS Brandenburg?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
These were from Friday night/Saturday morning during the Shine Walk charity even organised by cancer research UK.

My other half and sister were taking part in the walk, so I took advantage of all the sights being lit up and went for a wander with the camera.

This is my favorite of the night, Tower Bridge with HMS Belfast, and I think, FGS Brandenburg in the foreground. Had a bit of playing to do as the lights on the lower right roadways were off, so photoshop came to the rescue to turn them back on. ;)

tower+bridge.jpg

Also got a couple of others to put up, will do in a bit. :)

Cheers, thanks for commenting. :)

Couple more....

2. Similar shot, but for some reason when anything has a lot of colour, I want to make it black and white. :LOL: Also, didn't fix the bridge lights in this one so you can see the difference with the first..
IMG_0987.jpg

3. Imperial War Museum
IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

5. And finally, I was trying to do a balance of long exposure plus flash. But I fowled up the focus and was still locked on the museum. :( Lighting was about right though, so know for next time.
IMG_0978.jpg

Like the first, colour one.

I've just been watching FGS Ausberg making its way up past Wapping to Tower Bridge while I popped out of my office for a cig. Two German navy ships visiting Belfast in a row?

Thank you. Not sure what it was doing there, had to google it just to find out what it was.

The texture of the water is beautiful in both. Nice job!

Thank you, they were 60 second exposures to get the water smooth. The first colour one is also a subtle HDR, just to try and light up the front of the two battleships as they looked like dark blobs from the front!

Very nice Dave!
Especially image #1

Hope all is well with you.

No 1 is great I feel as if I could run and slide up the thames:)

No.1 for me, great colours and very nice overall scene.

Thanks guys. I think I might do a bit more work on this one and get it printed, very rarely print any of my photos!

Back