Tower Bridge Moonrise

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
It was clooudy down here last weekend for the actual full moon, but clear skies forecast for Monday night so I took a trip into London to try and shoot the 98% moonrise behind tower bridge. It's a shot i've had in mind for a while but the conditions and timing have not worked out for me. This worked out pretty well. I'm sure this is a well shot viewpoint from London Bridge, there were a couple of other photographers also shooting and as the moon started to come up behind Tower Bridge quite a crowd stopped to watch the impressive view. It was quite nerve wracking waiting to see if the moon would appear, moonrise was over an hour after sunset and the far horizon was dark, I had no idea whether the horizon was clear or shrouded in cloud, waiting to see if the moon would be visible then jumping up and down as it appeared :)

All shot on 5d mkiv, canon 70-200mm. With hindsight I wish I had taken my 120-400mm to be able to shoot some more close up shots of the moon around the towers. Will have to save that for next time!

Before moonrise, a twilight shot of the bridge and city. 88mm, 25 sec, f11, ISO 100
BI4A4122 by Alan, on Flickr

My favourite shot! 168mm, f8, 5 sec ISO 400
Tower bridge moonrise by Alan, on Flickr

A little later, I liked the symmetry . 2 exposures blended, one for the moon and one for the foreground. 155mm
BI4A4219-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

Some nice shots and nice timing.
Well worth the wait.

Three very nice landscape style shots Alan, liking all of these very much.

Superb, well done :)

Alan , It's not often I get excited about a night image but Boy oh Boy the N0 2 image is superb
Get it in some compertitions
Brillant

Last edited:
great set Alan, no2 is great

Back