Tower bridge sunset

I would be inclined to crop some off of the bottom and I'm not sure about some of the areas of almost neon blue e.g. under the bridge ... it looks over-cooked to me and the problem in a diluted form extends into the water - just my opinion though.

Lovely colours and angle; you certainly captured it at the perfect timing. But as others have said, there is too much negative space. Crop tighter, and try 5 x 4 aspect ratio, perhaps? That would work well too.

Thanks for the opinions.
There is a fair bit of space there, i thought the sky worked leading from the dark blue gradually getting lighter to the pink. The same with the water too, the dark water leading into the full reflection.

needs a tilt to the left to level it up then i would crop to a panoramic as nothing of interest in the sky or water.

here's my thinking

towerbridge.jpg

road is on lower thirds, bridge is vertical and right column is on right thirds

Really nice. I prefer the original version.

Superb!!!!

Like that a lot. Not enough experience to critique but it is a cracking shot.

Thanks all.
I personally prefer the first one too.
The second just included the hotel to make it slightly different, don't really think it worked as it didn't look straight.
I like the way the crop has been done (thanks for that Lynton) it's what some of the original comments were getting at I believe.
I think I will crop a bit off the bottom like has been said, leaving the reflection alone I think would work best.

Back