Which of these should I opt to create ?

• Stop Motion Animation

• Comic Video

Results are only viewable after voting.
Name
Anonymous
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a bunch toys at home and seeing as I'm getting into photography, I figured I'll use them as subjects. I find myself increasingly interested in stop motion animation and was wondering is that better "thing" to get into compared to a comic book style video for the purposes of telling a story with pictures using the toys. If I'm successful in my endeavors, I'd like the end result to eventually end up YouTube.

I initially kept thinking stop motion animation as after viewing videos at home and evaluating my toys at home, I figured I could tell a good story and the process from a technical standpoint isn't too difficult as it's just a bunch of photos sped up to give the illusion of movement. Assuming I made a 5 minute video at (arguments sake) 10 frames per second, the end result would require 3'000 photos which by end stretch of the imagine is quite a lot especially from not even beginner like myself. The bit thats still keeping me on here is that its "easier" to do as it essentially is photo, move item ever so slowly photo and so on, if anything I envision post processing to be the hardest aspect. I envision a good yet extensive story line so I'll need to top up on my storage !

Whilst I was wondering over the immensity of the task, it occurred to me I could do opt do a video version of a comic book. It would require as a whole, less photos at (arguments sake) 1 frame per second) as the viewer could always pause and I would only require 300 photos as opposed to 3'000. However Comic books (Or even videos) are usually more visually appealing and it occurred to me that I would have to add "effects" to each photo to give it that comic book effect feel,

I find myself somewhat torn between what to do and I'm hoping many of the learned folks on this website would be kind enough to help.
I appreciate any feedback and criticism.

Thank You

No idea what a comic style 1fps video is.

Regardless, the 'best' medium will be decided once you know what you want to do. Stop motion may be well suited to some projects, whilst standard video, or still photography would be better suited to others.

As you're seemingly interested in a few areas, why not just shoot something in all the ways you can think to? You have nothing to lose and everything to learn.

PS
Professor1991 said:
The bit thats still keeping me on here is that its "easier" to do as it essentially is photo, move item ever so slowly photo and so on, if anything I envision post processing to be the hardest aspect.

Pre-production is the difficult and time consuming part. Get that right, and the post work will be easy (unless you want to get really fancy with post production).

No idea what a comic style 1fps video is.

Regardless, the 'best' medium will be decided once you know what you want to do. Stop motion may be well suited to some projects, whilst standard video, or still photography would be better suited to others.

As you're seemingly interested in a few areas, why not just shoot something in all the ways you can think to? You have nothing to lose and everything to learn.

PS

Pre-production is the difficult and time consuming part. Get that right, and the post work will be easy (unless you want to get really fancy with post production).

My idea of a comic video is essentially video version of a comic book with each frame representing a "picture" in a comic book. The 1fps was merely descriptional.

I ideally want to donate all my time fully into 1 particular activity as opposed to dabbling between two or more.

I'm refraining from video as I reckon it'll be harder to shoot and I don't rate my video editing skills.

Back