TP attacks me yet again. Ha ha ha. So much for trying to be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in all seriousness dude you need to think about speaking to someone about your paranoia

frabz-Pass-the-popcorn-this-is-getting-good-5d6b21.jpg

How much history / 'previous' does @daugirdas have with some people on here to be treated like this? I take it a lot as to the casual observer it seems grossly unfair and if anyone is new to TP looking on it doesn't cast many people in a good light imvho.

To be fair, I'd be rather annoyed if I thought I was buying a new lens, was told it was a new lens and then it wasnt, especially if I forked out £800.

How much history / 'previous' does @daugirdas have with some people on here to be treated like this? I take it a lot as to the casual observer it seems grossly unfair and if anyone is new to TP looking on it doesn't cast many people in a good light imvho.

to be honest its not so much a matter of previous as of loss of proportion

yes calumet havent shown him particularly good customer service, but they are generally a company with a good rep , and it was clearly an out of character mistake which they have rectified by making a full refund .

So he lost sympathy when he started ranting about how they were out to 'f*** him' deliberately (potentially libellous though i doubt Calumet are likely to sue in the circumstances) , then lost more sympathy when he decided that people here (including a moderator) were responding to his loss of proportion because they 'all hate him'

then he changed the thread title to TP attack me again thus losing even more sympathy ... when in all honesty he's brought it on himself by behaving like a bit of a tool over what was clearly a minor mistake

the old adage 'when in hole, stop digging' applies here

(I was serious, not taking the pee when i suggested he might want to speak to someone about his loss of proportion and belief that the world is out to get him)

Last edited:
To be fair, I'd be rather annoyed if I thought I was buying a new lens, was told it was a new lens and then it wasnt, especially if I forked out £800.

I agree - I'd demand (and by the looks of it receive) a full refund - but expecting them to compensate you for travel and parking is just silly, when its at a show where you were anyway (its not like he drrove to a calumet dealer specifically to buy a new lens)

If the OP had contacted them and had not received a fair out come and then started this thread I am sure he would have more support.
To me it's like leaving negative feedback on ebay before giving the seller a chance to sort things out.
I received an item via ebay that was damaged, I contacted the seller, he replied within an hour and I received a replacemet within 2 days.
He didn't even want the damaged item sent back because he said that he trusted me.
I made sure than I mentioned 'execellent customer service and communication' as past of the positive feedback.
Anyone in business with a clue knows how important customer service is and it adds to their reputation.
I get the feeling that a genuine mistake has been made.

Last edited:
oo8fdq3lenfz9kyjsk7o.jpg

Quite a bit actually, he has regular strong moans at canon quality, yet oddly still hasn't moved systems away from it, when plenty of options are available....and one recent one I remember is accusing Amazon of fraud, because they had received his returned good, but not yet processed a refund only a very short time after parcel signed for....a failure to grasp reality is a very real issue...and I'm sure there are several more examples but those are two I do remember

But I agree with you to an external viewer it does look worse on TP and its members that the OP

to be honest its not so much a matter of previous as of loss of proportion

yes calumet havent shown him particularly good customer service, but they are generally a company with a good rep , and it was clearly an out of character mistake which they have rectified by making a full refund .

So he lost sympathy when he started ranting about how they were out to 'f*** him' deliberately (potentially libellous though i doubt Calumet are likely to sue in the circumstances) , then lost more sympathy when he decided that people here (including a moderator) were responding to his loss of proportion because they 'all hate him'

then he changed the thread title to TP attack me again thus losing even more sympathy ... when in all honesty he's brought it on himself by behaving like a bit of a tool over what was clearly a minor mistake

the old adage 'when in hole, stop digging' applies here

(I was serious, not taking the pee when i suggested he might want to speak to someone about his loss of proportion and belief that the world is out to get him)
I get the OP didn't exactly help himself with the "In short they totally and knowingly f***ed me." line but the way some posts came across seemed unduly harsh to say the least. Certainly if the OP would of been a new member i would of expected some people to put them right reference the "knowingly" stance but it seemed way ott hence my curiosity about any 'history'.

As for Calumet, i'd of been royally p***ed off as well. If being sold something new i'd expect a factory sealed box (with some exceptions) and if it wasn't would reasonably expect the sales person to inspect it before handing it over to confirm all in order. Especially given they (all at the OP's say so) were aware they were reboxing ex-demo stock. Yes in all fairness it could of been avoided if after / during the sale he'd personally inspected it but i'd still be pointing the finger 99.9% towards Calumet at fault. A full refund is the very least he could of expected and nothing after that again is poor considering the hassle involved to the OP.

I get the OP didn't exactly help himself with the "In short they totally and knowingly f***ed me." line but the way some posts came across seemed unduly harsh to say the least. Certainly if the OP would of been a new member i would of expected some people to put them right reference the "knowingly" stance but it seemed way ott hence my curiosity about any 'history'.

As for Calumet, i'd of been royally p***ed off as well. If being sold something new i'd expect a factory sealed box (with some exceptions) and if it wasn't would reasonably expect the sales person to inspect it before handing it over to confirm all in order. Especially given they (all at the OP's say so) were aware they were reboxing ex-demo stock. Yes in all fairness it could of been avoided if after / during the sale he'd personally inspected it but i'd still be pointing the finger 99.9% towards Calumet at fault. A full refund is the very least he could of expected and nothing after that again is poor considering the hassle involved to the OP.

I have trouble beleiveing that bit - why the f*** would they as its obvious they'd get caught out (especially as they didnt even remove the demo sticker from the lens)

I'd suspect that this was probably an honest mix up which they rectified as soon as he complained by giving him a full refund. I can understand him being a bit p***ed off when he first got it home, but jumping the 'they were deliberately trying to f*** me" position without any proof is classic infamy infamy stuff

Aye, one sentence in the OP appears to be over the top, but then none of us were there to see what the salesman did.

However, one thing that is very unusual, is the barracking he has taken during this thread.

It's almost as though many of the folk that responded had shares in Calumet:eek:

OK guys, I think everyone's had enough fun with this now and we all know what the resolution was, so mind the doors please.

FWIW what could have been a helpful thread, really wasn't helped by the OTT reactions by the OP or indeed past history of overreactions, but either way I think this has more than run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back