TP Calendar 2008 - The Results

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, first off, I'd like to thank every single one of you who put a shot forward for the calendar. The response was way way beyond anything I had anticipated or expected, and the level of photography was simply outstanding.

So thankyou everyone, not only for entering a shot, but for voting too.

I've just totted up the results, and filtered it based purely on number of votes.

These are the 13 shots that are guaranteed to make the calendar (12 months plus front cover)

17 mho 104 50.00%
26 TomB 92 44.23%
06 Hawker 85 40.87%
18 LadyLens 80 38.46%
27 RobertP 78 37.50%
46 Mohain 75 36.06%
12 kissfoto 74 35.58%
54 Gandhi 73 35.10%
19 Dark Star 71 34.13%
44 Lady Pitstop 68 32.69%
20 DiddyDave 60 28.85%
01 CT 57 27.40%
71 mole2k 56 26.92%[/b]

So congratulations to you lucky 13! I'll certainly be buying a calendar with those shots in (y)
To those 13, please could you get your shots ready to email to me within the next week. Big enough to print at 300dpi @ A5 please :)

That leaves another 67 shots not making it into the calendar.
We're currently thinking of ways to use at least some of those shots.
We could do a second calendar, but we're not sure yet of the costs of those, will have to check with the printer first.

Anyway, those are the guaranteed results to make it into the TP Members Calendar 2008.

Congratulations to every single one of you :)

Kind Regards

Marcel

well done guys, great photos (y)

congrats to all. :clap:

there were so many really good images, looking at them all was great, choosing.... not so.

Well done everyone. I see I just sneaked in under the bar this year. The standard really was outstanding. :clap:

I wasn't around last year, so can't really compare, but the entries this year were hugely impressive, and has already been said on the other thread, choosing which to vote for was a very difficult task.

Enormous thanks to Marcel and Co for organizing things, well done to everyone that entered, and many thanks to the 200 odd people that voted. (y)

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a picture,
I'm blown away by the quality of the shots, superb.

Cant wait to see the calendar.

Marcel on another note why not feature the shots that didn't get on the calendar, on the home page, one at a time over the course of the 2008 year. Gives each pic about 5.5 days on the home page.

aw - bugger - I was in there (in 13th place) before the thread that encouraged more votes was posted (yes, I was checking ........:)

Seriously, though, congrats to everyone who gets in the calendar. You deserve it. Being judged by judges is one thing. Being judged by your peers is a completely different exercise.

So, well done to the winners. And well done to those that didn't win, because without them there would be no competition.

Congratulations to all who were chosen. :clap:
I must be way out of step as only three of the thirteen I voted for were chosen.:LOL:

Congratulations to all,superb photographs,can't wait to see the calender.

My first time,selecting was difficult,would have been easier judging 'strictly come dancing'. Such a lot of talent from the best,I for one was truly inspired!

Many thanks to Marcel for all his work,look forward to purchasing when available.

digipix

Enormous thanks to Marcel and Co for organizing things, well done to everyone that entered, and many thanks to the 200 odd people that voted. (y)

:agree: (y)

Oh Wow - I'm gobsmacked to be included :D, thanks to everyone who voted. Can't wait to see the calendar.

There were so many fantastic pictures to choose from that it's a shame they couldn't all be used.:(

Well Done to everyone who submitted a photo:clap::clap::D

Well done everyone who made it in to the calendar.

(y)

Marcel, any chance of posting the pictures for the 13 that made it in this thread so everyone can see? :)

Good work Marcel & everyone who put a submission forward :clap::clap:

Looking forward to getting my hands on a calendar, there were some really great photos to choose from. :clap:

Massive congratulations to all who entered and thanks to all who voted, some stunning images and cannot wait for the calendar. (y)

No-one should be disappointed - the standard was just so high! There were plenty of shots I thought should have done better, richies's lovely juvenile Robin was one, but there were lots of others. :)

Congrats to the top 13 :D there were some outstanding shots!

Would a Talk Photography Photo book be out of the question for all the shots entered? Then again not sure how popular it would be.

aw - bugger - I was in there (in 13th place) before the thread that encouraged more votes was posted (yes, I was checking ........:)

Unlucky, though I was a late voter and did vote for your pic. As a newcomer I only voted for 12 pics - doh.

Congrats to all those chosen, and all the entrants. Who needs photo mags when the standard is this good?

How do I sign up to buy one?

congrats everyone the standard was simply superb

Congrats to the top 13 :D there were some outstanding shots!

Would a Talk Photography Photo book be out of the question for all the shots entered? Then again not sure how popular it would be.

Good idea. How about if it was an online 'TP Photo Yearbook' or somesuch - each person whom contributed a photo would need to put together a brief description of it, if there was a particular philosophy, effect or impact they were looking for, plus some biog details?

Just want to add my congratulations to all the winners ..... Not that anyone was a winner because all the entries were great.

Hope that makes sense .... :thinking:

:canon:

I thought people might like to see the 13 winners alongside one another...

(y)

Talk-Photography-2008.jpg

Congratulations to the TalkPhotography 13!

As a fairly new kid on the block here I'll make sure I submit a photo for the next calendar! I feel a steam railway visit coming on!!!

Congrats winners! :)

Marcel, when do you think we'll get the calendars? Maybe I'll just buy a stack of them to give away as Christmas presents if you can get them out the door before X'mas! :LOL:

I thought people might like to see the 13 winners alongside one another...

(y)

And thanks to StewartR for putting the winners together. (y)

Really amazing shots!

Good feeling to see people like my favourite shot from Canada (Bow Lake on the Icefields Parkway) too! Thanks for the votes.

Lots of fantastic images submitted for this calendar and so many great ones it seems a shame it can only use 13. Congrats due to all that submitted.

Jeez, They're awesome. Glad I gave it a shot and have to say I do not feel disappointed when I see the standard.

OUTSTANDING:clap::clap:

David.

13 fantastic shots :clap: well done the winners and well done Marcel and anyone else involved in the calender.:clap:

Muchas Gracias to those who voted for me - I feel somewhat humbled for my image to be in the company such stunning shots!

And congrats to all who enteredd and all who got a placing in a terrific competition!

Back