TP Christmas Card Competition 2013 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm...might have a go at this BUT

I have no idea on the whole A5 ratio /aspect/thingummy ?

"The winner will be required to provide a high resolution image sized to 210 x 148mm (portrait or landscape) at 300ppi resolution"

I did mine to that size, you can use crop in photoshop (or GIMP, etc) and set the dimensions to 210x148 to get the correct ratio, then under "Image > Image Size" (in photoshop) set it to 210x148mm. I did it at the correct size to send if I did win, and just uploaded that to flickr.

Obviously different programs will use different ways of changing it, but essentially make your photo that size and it's correct :) Hope that makes sense?

And thanks SarahLee, not sure I'll get a chance to shoot anything but you never know!!!

Can we clarify the deadline? There's a banner saying midnight Dec. 1st and this thread that says Nov 30th.

Also based on a recent "edit" are staff members eligible to enter?

Please could someone check if my two pics are in the comp Ive put them on (hopefully) but cant see them and wondered if this was so folkes cant vote for there own else Ive done it wrong. If so need step by step guidance please.
Many Thanks

Can we clarify the deadline? There's a banner saying midnight Dec. 1st and this thread that says Nov 30th.

I'll have a little word to get the banner changed . . . should be Nov 30th (midnight) with poll opening for votes on Sunday :)

Also based on a recent "edit" are staff members eligible to enter?

Nope. Staff are not eligible to enter.
Simply because there's a prize involved and if there's a tie the tied entries will go to a staff vote (hence the edit earlier)

Please could someone check if my two pics are in the comp Ive put them on (hopefully) but cant see them and wondered if this was so folkes cant vote for there own else Ive done it wrong. If so need step by step guidance please.
Many Thanks

Hi Les, they're showing for me - posts#31 and #32.
Can't understand why you can't see them though. You should be able to :confused:

I notice that you've also posted them as attachments rather than hosting them on the gallery here or Flickr etc.
There's nothing wrong with that at all, but they're only showing as very small images.
If you want to replace them with images hosted elsewhere so that we can see them full size feel free to edit your post and make the change.

Thanks for extending the time limit...I wouldn't have been able to complete mine in time otherwise :)

11141016325_826c91cf0c_o.jpg

Last edited:
So many good pics to choose from. Have narrowed it down to 5, will come back and take another look later to see if one jumps out at me more as I can't make a final decision on which is my favourite. at the moment. :LOL: Will be interesting to see how people vote.

I can only see from pics 41 onwards to end

Ah sorted the forum was opening up on page 2 first

Last edited:
Well I eventually narrowed it down to two then suddenly found myself clicking my favourite. Very close at the end. Hope it doesn't go to a tie break. Somebody will have a difficult decision to make. :)

Great work people, I wanted to vote for 3 or 4:) afraid I wouldn't make a good judge on the X factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back