TP in the High Street?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
No Jessops, no Jacobs, a few independents here and there and just DSG nationwide.

So is there an opportunity for a Talk Photography shop on the High Street? This could provide the hands on, knowledge and service orientated photography shop that is much lamented.

If the unit is suitable it could have a studio area available for hire. Equipment provided by sponsors. Demo equipment provided by the manufacturers. Secondhand equipment could also be sold - supplied from TP's classifieds.

What are the forum numbers at the moment? 30K members with 5 or 6K active? The finance model could be based on some sort of co-operative or multiple share ownership to provide startup costs. TP already has good branding.

Please don't reply by saying "I don't mean to be rude but..." :D

i dont mean to be rude But ............................. :LOL::p

had too

it would be a great idea i think it could work however the time and effot to get it working it would be massive
internet sale's would be a must to keep the buisness afloat but you would have to deal with the like's of chinese importer's to compete

the idea with the studio is great but only a selected small audience in the area the shop will be

i can see good point's and bad point's

Last edited:
With all due respect.......................

who could nominate to be the customer relations manager?

:LOL:

People on here can't agree on enough to make it work

God help us if the TP shop did weddings ! :LOL:

Lynton and I will do it together

I'll be the customer facing representative because of my handsome looks and lynton will be on the phone because he is less attractive than me

People on here can't agree on enough to make it work

I can picture the poor customer's face as the debate behind the counter escalates.

"...but I only wanted to know if cropped sensors affect DoF." :shrug:

:LOL:

It'd be like a modern day Are You Being Served. Mayhem. :nono:

Customer: I bought this camera in here last week

Customer Relations (JoeS): No you didn't

Customer: Here's the receipt!

Customer Relations: That's not a receipt

Customer: Look! The camera doesn't work - I'd like a refund

Customer Relations: No you wouldn't (etc etc ad infinitum)

It'd be like a modern day Are You Being Served. Mayhem. :nono:

You can be Mrs Slocombe :D

Customer: I bought this camera in here last week

Customer Relations (JoeS): No you didn't

Customer: Here's the receipt!

Customer Relations: That's not a receipt

Customer: Look! The camera doesn't work - I'd like a refund

Customer Relations: No you wouldn't (etc etc ad infinitum)

It wouldn't go like that

:D see what I did there

Hmm, a TP shop eh? Let me see, we'd need a shopkeeper. Who would best fulfil that role. :thinking:

I KNOW! :D

marcel_arkwright.jpg

Lynton? JoeScrivens?

:LOL::LOL: Customers need encouragement not punishment.

Lynton and I will do it together

I'll be the customer facing representative because of my handsome looks and lynton will be on the phone because he is less attractive than me

Ha ha ha. I am great at customer service as i demand such a high level i need to be able to dish it out as well. I will only agree to this though if scrivens doubles up as well as "tea bitch"

marcel_arkwright.jpg

Anyone else seeing a bit of Simon Pegg there, or do I need another lie down :thinking:

Me & Scrivens as customer service.. to quote the holy god, JC.. "What could possibly go wrong?" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

How much would actually get sold? Nothing, everyone would be just chatting

Photography based Coffee shop with a small counter at the back selling bits, printing photos, etc.. That would probably make money.

PS. Sorry for a seriousish post ;)

customer: excuse me, which lens would you recommend i shoot a wedding with?
customer service: are you taking the ****? FFS.. do a google search. And make sure you have 2 of everything otherwise your whole world will end :puke:

customer: excuse me, which lens would you recommend i shoot a wedding with?
customer service: are you taking the ****? FFS.. do a google search. And make sure you have 2 of everything otherwise your whole world will end :puke:

PMSL! :LOL:

Back