TP Lake District Meet - March 2016

Thanks to @Phil-D for letting me use his tripod too, i deffo need one thats bit taller lol, i have edited a couple but been working too much

6785b577be82e499f1458a75ead94d76

Last edited:
I wish I had been able to make it along guys but I was working and getting to some of those spots after work could be a trial at the moment.
I was at Buttermere for sunrise on Thursday though and up early all weekend.

=Hey Will. Your photo's not showing?

Last edited:
LrMobile2003-2016-061119864874109970.jpeg
After several attempts I managed to get this one of Blea Tarn uploaded off my mobile.

Will try and get more of my shots off my camera uploaded but work and the need for sleep have been hindering progress.

Off to Japan on Monday too so that won't help.

Few more from me......

Taken around midday on the Friday during a quick stop off at Ambleside (Waterhead)

Mono Ambleside Waterhead by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Blea Tarn on the Saturday Afternoon just before we headed back.

Blea Tarn Mono by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Derwent North near the Theatre on the Lake

Derwent Water Sunset by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Ashness Jetty !!! Done this a few times but this is the nicest colour i've had (so far) !!!

Ashness Jetty Sunset by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Would've been rude to not get the wirewool out on such a great evening. I remember saying to Simon & Adrian "I wish Phil was here with his wirewool gear" before realising i had a load in the car, so after a quick dash to grab it we managed to get some decent shots between us. This one looking "straight" down the wonky pier......

Ashness Jetty Wire Wool by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Not sure if any of these look under exposed, ?? Some of my previous ones were, so i've compensated a little more with these. Still got a few more to get through. TF

My first image of trip got explored this morning! 1100 views in 12 hours!

How do you find out number?

OK by me Graham. Post away - would love to see your shots (y)

I am really enjoying looking through everyones images its great to see everyone take on the same scenes.

Still sorting through mine been one of those weeks just haven't had the time, but here's 3 Ive done so far.

Tall and Proud by Graham Norton, on Flickr

First Light on Blencathra by Graham Norton, on Flickr

A Calm Buttermere by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Some beautiful shots. I particularly like the colour, light and reflection in number 3. Stunning.

The first one is lovely too. Beautiful light. The only thing that I would say is that if you had been slightly wider you could have got better symmetry by getting the peaks of the mountains in at the top of the image.

Still better than I could achieve though.

Some beautiful shots. I particularly like the colour, light and reflection in number 3. Stunning.

The first one is lovely too. Beautiful light. The only thing that I would say is that if you had been slightly wider you could have got better symmetry by getting the peaks of the mountains in at the top of the image.

Still better than I could achieve though.

Totally agree Timothy did swear when I saw after I downloaded to the laptop.

Totally agree Timothy did swear when I saw after I downloaded to the laptop.
I know how you feel. I swore a fee times when I downloaded my shots from the trip. Dirt on the sensor. Degradation of pixels on sensor. Wrong ISO on a few. It's gutting. In comparison I would say my criticism of yours is just being picky

All of you guys who have been posting in this thread are AMAZING photographers. Really outstanding photos! Makes me almost tempted to go to the next meet so I can get some free tuition! :p :whistle: :exit:

Here's another one from me. This time it is one of the islands at Rydal water around dawn.

Purposefully went for a high key/low saturation look on this one.

Serenity
by Adrian Roebuck, on Flickr

Another great set. Love the swan Dan - certainly right place right time on that one (y)

I'm loving the variety of different shots that everyone is posting, good to see we all captured something different.

And some more from me...

#7 Blea Tarn and the Langdales

0ce148908cae2a7f036b96e955809bf8

#8 Tewet Tarn

d661beae6a8c8221992327b019d99a79

#9 Crummock Copse

ea8b0c38afa435941647bc6d1b2c0932

#10 Majestic Mute

0798b8bbb9a765f73239044621077f2a

Brilliant one of swan. you didn't get pecked for your trouble's I hope

Last edited:
Back