TP Lakes Meet 2016

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly, thanks to Rich @Mardybum for organising a great meet (and stopping off at my house to pick up my tripod :oops: :$) :)

Thanks to those that joined in: @blondie606 (Youtuber extraordinaire) @Mardybum (Tripod retriever and fish and chip buyer) @ShutterWork (hope you arrived home safe :) @Phil-D (who didn't forget his memory cards ;)(any Lynne (put the playing cards down :)) @Buck (for the advice about photographing the Bothy at sunset) @TimmyG (who did not snore ;), @sjh2008 (hope you had a good sleep last night :)) @alfbranch (who we don't envy for living in the Lakes :)) @Mat0tam (who we don't envy for living in the Lakes :))

YHA Buttermere was a great place to stay.

Managed to hike up to the Warnscale Bothy at which there will be a wild camping meet during next summer :)

Looking forwards to the Spur Point Meet and the Northumberland Meet in a few weeks and the Glencoe meet early next year :)

My photography has moved from 10% taking photographs/being there and 90% editing to 90% taking photographs/being there and 10% editing.

Anyways, some from me.

Cheers.

Catbells above Derwent Water by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Loweswater by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Buttermere uncropped pano by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Borrowdale at sunrise by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Borrowdale at sunrise 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Lake District night photography by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Wire wool spinning at castlerigg by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr[/USER]

Last edited:
@posiview some nice reflections there Andy(y)

@ShutterWork Nice shots Anand, the long exposure at Parton looks good (y)

3 more from me

Catbells from Derwent water, sunrise, 9th oct
Catbells from Derwent water sunrise - Copy.jpg

Ashness Jetty, sunset 7th Oct

jetty - Copy.jpg

7 portrait shot panoramic, sunrise over Derwent water from Catbells, 8th Oct

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Love the colours in Ashness Jetty Phil..winner for me!

Evening all , thanks for a brilliant weekend, still totally knackered but can't wait for the next one (y)

Not going to touch my photo's for a few evenings ,mainly so I can hold on to the dream I might actually have got a few good ones :LOL:

Thanks to @Buck for the advice on the Bothy....I didn't make it all the way up there in the end , to @Mardybum for arranging the meet , @posiview for introducing me to You Tube ( no stopping me now :eek: ) & @TimmyG , @ShutterWork & @sjh2008 for all being jolly nice chaps & putting up with my whittling & good to meet @alfbranch :D @Phil-D ...I promise not lead Lynn astray anymore :naughty: & @lyzzi....good to catch up & cheers for brightening the day with those cards :LOL:

Andy...when did we go to Borrowdale & Loweswater :exit: Love the Catbells selfie but the pick for me is Sunrise 2....the detail in the distant hills is flippin amazing :jawdrop:

@Phil-D .....gotta love the mug shot :clap: & the Derwent sunrise is wicked....the light on the distant hill is just wonderful :clap::clap:

@ShutterWork , that view across Blea Tarn just makes me wanna be back there again.....lovely lovely lovely:clap:

When we off to Scotland then @Mardybum :D

.the light on the distant hill is just wonderful

Thanks Lynne, was hoping the light was going to catch Catbells but that was the only break in the cloud the sun came through............by 10 o'clock though, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, typical!:banghead: :D

And not only are you a bad influence you're a jinx too! Are they guaranteed you asked 'yes' said me........and yes, they were.........but this was the only bloody shot I got! ........:LOL:

red.jpg

Last edited:
Love these photographs. Well done all looks fabulous.

Thanks Lynne, was hoping the light was going to catch Catbells but that was the only break in the cloud the sun came through............by 10 o'clock though, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, typical!:banghead: :D

And not only are you a bad influence you're a jinx too! Are they guaranteed you asked 'yes' said me........and yes, they were.........but this was the only bloody shot I got! ........:LOL:

View attachment 75327

:exit:
Me & Andy saw a Red Squidger as well...it was sun bathing on it's back in the middle of the road as we came back fro Buttermere tree's on sunday morning :jawdrop:

Just thought @Phil-D ...I'm fancying a trip to the British Wildlife Centre for one other Photographic days early next year.....would you & Lynn be up for coming along ?

Firstly, thanks to Rich @Mardybum for organising a great meet (and stopping off at my house to pick up my tripod :oops: :$) :)

Thanks to those that joined in: @blondie606 (Youtuber extraordinaire) @Mardybum (Tripod retriever and fish and chip buyer) @ShutterWork (hope you arrived home safe :) @Phil-D (who didn't forget his memory cards ;)(any Lynne (put the playing cards down :)) @Buck (for the advice about photographing the Bothy at sunset) @TimmyG (who did not snore ;), @sjh2008 (hope you had a good sleep last night :)) @alfbranch (who we don't envy for living in the Lakes :)) @Mat0tam (who we don't envy for living in the Lakes :))

Managed to hike up to the Warnscale Bothy at which there will be a wild camping meet during next summer :)

Looking forwards to the Spur Point Meet and the Northumberland Meet in a few weeks and the Glencoe meet early next year :)

My photography has moved from 10% taking photographs/being there and 90% editing to 90% taking photographs/being there and 10% editing.

Anyways, some from me.

Cheers.

Great stuff!

Like the wire wool ones alot! Especially the Jetty Reflection!! Will have to try it one night.
Couldnt see your shot details on Flickr? Can you remember the rough Shutter time?

See you all soon!

I think @ posiview deserves the plaudits on this one for all the arranging.... I just turned up and drove..! Thanks Andy.

Another really good meet, and great to catch up with everyone again.

Just a few from me so far. The first 2 taken Sunday morning at Watendlath Tarn & Ashness Bridge. and the 3rd from Half way up Catbells......

Watendlath Tarn Sunrise by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Ashness Bridge at Dawn by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Borrowdale Valley by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Nice shots Rich, I'd to look Watendlath up, didn't even know there was a Tarn up there, looks a cracking spot for the Milkyway (y)

@blondie606 Lynne, the British Wildlife Center looks good, certainly interested, we can have a chat about it later, cheers :)

Nice shots Rich, I'd to look Watendlath up, didn't even know there was a Tarn up there, looks a cracking spot for the Milkyway (y)

Cheers Phil. I'd not been before but it's a nice little Tarn, not big at all and loads of trout surfacing and jumping. You can fish it I think....
And I reckon it would be a great spot for dark skies.

Great stuff!

Like the wire wool ones alot! Especially the Jetty Reflection!! Will have to try it one night.
Couldnt see your shot details on Flickr? Can you remember the rough Shutter time?

See you all soon!

Hi, Matt, it was 2 images blended.

20 seconds for the wire wool and 88 seconds for light painting the jetty. Both @ f9.

Cheers.

Setting off to Scotland tomorrow. Would be a shame not to stop off in the lakes for sunset along the way :)
Sunset was looking good when I arrived at work tonight.

Cheers Phil. I'd not been before but it's a nice little Tarn, not big at all and loads of trout surfacing and jumping. You can fish it I think....
And I reckon it would be a great spot for dark skies.
The tarn is stocked fishery as far as I know and a lovely spot.

Had a wee look at my shots tonight...think I may have gone over board with reflections :LOL:
Still got a few more to edit but here's some of my attempts...

Those tree's at Crummock Water from Friday morning when the weather wasn't playing ball :bat:
Crummock Water Trees by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Blea Tarn before sunrise on the Saturday
Blea Tarn 1st light by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Blea Tarn again.......finally managed to catch 1st light on the distant hills
Light on the Hill at Blea Tarn by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

My fave.....the light hit just above the tree line for no more than 1 minute...
Blea Tarn sunrise by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Buttermere on Sunday Morning
Buttermere long exposure by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

This was from just above the road as you drive from Blea Tarn to Little Langdale , I belive it's the bottom of Side Pike.
Below Sidepike by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Got a few ( hmmm....quite a lot actually ) from Thirlmere....my god that place was just stunning !

& whilst I'm here...... what the hell have they done to Flickr.....looks bloody terrible :eek:

Last edited:
Had a wee look at my shots tonight...think I may have gone over board with reflections :LOL:
Still got a few more to edit but here's some of my attempts...

Those tree's at Crummock Water from Friday morning when the weather wasn't playing ball :bat:
Crummock Water Trees by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Blea Tarn before sunrise on the Saturday
Blea Tarn 1st light by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Blea Tarn again.......finally managed to catch 1st light on the distant hills
Light on the Hill at Blea Tarn by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

My fave.....the light hit just above the tree line for no more than 1 minute...
Blea Tarn sunrise by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Buttermere on Sunday Morning
Buttermere long exposure by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

This was from just above the road as you drive from Blea Tarn to Little Langdale , I belive it's the bottom of Side Pike.
Below Sidepike by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Got a few ( hmmm....quite a lot actually ) from Thirlmere....my god that place was just stunning !

& whilst I'm here...... what the hell have they done to Flickr.....looks bloody terrible :eek:

Some superb shots there Lynne, good work. The Buttermere one stands out the most in my eyes.

what the hell have they done to Flickr.....looks bloody terrible

Looks the same to me Lynne, no change :confused:

You have some stunning shots there, hard to pick a favourite but 'Light on the Hill' @ Blea Tarn might just win for me (y)

@lyzzi I like that hun, good composition and some lovely light on the far hills (y)

Anyways, some from me.

Cheers.

All great images Andy but the buttermere trees from Sunday morning is a bit special!!

Great photos everyone....here's one from me and hopefully some more to follow

View attachment 75421

So, you managed to boot @Phil-D off the computer long enough to process your shots then :D Lovely pic

I'm still smiling from what was a tiring but great weekend and I've yet to process many shots but here are a couple

Sparks and Moon
by Adrian Roebuck, on Flickr

A different take - a black and white of the mirror like reflections at Thirlmere just for Lynne @blondie606

Caution : Men At Work
by Adrian Roebuck, on Flickr

Loving your work @posiview. Those reflections around Thirlmere and Buttermere are immense, but agree with @Mardybum , the Buttermere trees and house is very special. Been enjoying your Vlogs too. I'm hoping you managed to get a pic from the Bothy though...

@ShutterWork I love that view over Blea Tarn (you can see my version below). Many thanks to @Buck for showing us the way! Definitely worth that short scramble to higher ground. I've got loads of takes of this scene, as the light was moving around so much, but I like the frame you've gone for with the shadow and light over the peaks. I'm astounded you managed to get some colour in the sky from Patron too! Where was I when this was going on??

@Phil-D Your pot of tea pic wants printing large and framing. That's captured the spirit of the Lake District better than any of them.. Love your picture of Cat Bells too. It's worked out much better than mine did with the extra light. I'm still working on my version; trying to get something out of the noisey, unbalanced mess it currently is..

@Mardybum, your shot from Watendlath Tarn is gorgeous. I'm adding that location to my list for a future visit. I love your take on Ashness Bridge and a well deserved Explore for your boats! Congrats!

Those Crummock Trees are awesome, @blondie606 ! If I knew they were there I'd have driven over before heading home. The tops of them look to form a third peak in the landscape. Really nice! Love your Blea Tarn and Buttermere reflections too.

@lyzzi that's fantastic! As already stated the composition is spot on and the light in the distance is the cherry on top!

@Buck I don't always like mono landscapes shots, but that one works well. Great contrast. The moon over the jetty really makes that image and balances it out a bit too.

Really enjoying looking through these, and getting plenty of ideas around what I could've/should've done. I've only processed a few of mine so far. My Computer decided to start running like a dog (I'm not sure if it's since the latest Windows Update) but it took me 20 minutes just to load up my first image last night. Here's a few I've managed to work on I went for the big scenic shots first. I have a few panoramas to try stitching together also, but I think I'll have to do a bit of troubleshooting on my laptop first...

Dawn at Derwentwater by Tim Garlick, on Flickr

Buttermere at Sunrise by Tim Garlick, on Flickr

Blea Tarn and the Langdale Pikes by Tim Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Three cracking shots Tim @TimmyG. Love the ray of sun streaming over the mountains and the reflection on the water, beautiful (y)

Back