TP Meet... FILM!

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone :)

Just an idea and nothing I wish to set in stone YET but how about a typical TP meet somewhere, aimed primarily towards those shooting on film?

Just an idea looking for feedback...

Bry

depending on where and when .

Same here.(y)

Sounds like a good idea.

I like the sound of it! Looks like we could do southish???

Well everybody North of Watford are disadvantaged right from post one, so I vote Birmingham.
Alternatively.......re-name the thread Southern Jesse Film Jamboree....:LOL:

Well everybody North of Watford are disadvantaged right from post one, so I vote Birmingham.
Alternatively.......re-name the thread Southern Jesse Film Jamboree....:LOL:

If I have enough warning the midlands are good. It will just have to be called the central England wussy, fairy jamboree then. Said with a brummie accent!

So the shires then... a weekender on a campsite maybe? Would make it easier for those further away, and plenty of time to shoot/chat/drink/develop? Maybe choose a site for it's "possibilities" even?

So the shires then... a weekender on a campsite maybe? Would make it easier for those further away, and plenty of time to shoot/chat/drink/develop? Maybe choose a site for it's "possibilities" even?

not a bad idea. Are wives allowed?

good God no - whatever for? There'll be no washing up or hoovering will there?

I'll play, too, if anyone wants to borrow a camera or 30 I'm sure Arthur, Ujjwal and I could helpfully assist!

I can provide quite a few cameras for people to play with.

Such as

Voigtlander Bessa
Voigtlander Bessa R2a
Olympus Om1n
Olympus Om10
Nikon F5
Nikkormat FT2
Leica M2
Leica flex sl
Leica II
Leica III
Loads of Russian/East European cameras too.

True - I do still have the odd one or two around... and with no wives about I may even be able to have them all in the same place at the same time too :naughty:

come on guys...lets have the wives in. At least that'll give some chance for the plan to succeed.

I can get the xpan and the Mamiya 6 - plus the usual motley crowd of contax and leica...

I'm not that bothered really, the wife hates camping - I would like to bring the dog though :D

Ummm - tent? Pegs, canvas/nylon? Spiders/hard ground/cold?

you are crazy...ah well why not? Diya was asking for that sort of stuff anyways - she will be very happy to do it

You wont get my wife in a tent! If we can work out a date and a place I will see if I can get a pass.

Lakes?

Yorkshire Dales?

Manchester (there's a top second hand shop filled with awesome kit and Calumet within a mile of each other)

Sounds interesting, dependent on dates of course. I don't mind going south a bit, I can leave the flat cap and ferret at home. Don't think SWMBO will fancy camping with a load of togs though....

Andy

Peak district I was thinking?

Glad to see so many people interested :D

Ahh but people showing an interest and actual people turning up are very different things.

I always reckon that the one in three rule taught to us in sales is applicable in most things in life. ;)

If the timing is right I'll be there in this...

4367114485_274414a7ff.jpg

The Peak District sounds good to me although I do like the sound of Berlin and Manhattan, might be tricky in the camper though.

Leicestershire/Derbyshire works for me, can't get much more central than that.

For me - Best place would be somewhere I can get to via train as transport for me at the moment is a real issue :)

For me - Best place would be somewhere I can get to via train as transport for me at the moment is a real issue :)

I'm sure we can work out some sort of pick-up/drop off at a suitable train station for those coming by public transport(y)

I don't really mind where we go but as the van only goes 50mph anywhere further north may be an issue, I'd just be arriving as everyone else is packing up:D

Last edited:
Time to drop a porsche 911 engine in the back Nick? :LOL:

Bry

Aye - I believe there is also a subaru engine that can also find its way in there... :LOL:

I'm looking forward to organizing this trip - A stay over night somewhere sounds like a great idea... maybe leave Saturday afternoon and spend Saturday night with a drink (or 10) and then shoot Sunday day leave Sunday night?

If I have enough warning the midlands are good. It will just have to be called the central England wussy, fairy jamboree then. Said with a brummie accent!

Yo aye gonna get me anywear near them Brummies I vote for the Black Country but it aye arf trouble gerrin them Faggot stains off your EOS10

Back