Answered TP on Opera

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
For a week or more I have been having problems with this site on my Opera browser.
It regularly goes slow, getting the blue \\\\\ symbol top right indicating that it's taking forever to add a post, get a smiley or something.
Other times it says the site is unreachable and still other times says I've lost the network (I haven't).
I've also got Microsoft Edge and using that it seems generally fine, although there are still some times when this site goes slow.
I only get the problem on this site and using Opera.

Anyone else using Opera and having similar problems?

Actually I'm now getting brief "unable to reach" on Edge as well. :thinking:

I trust you're not using the VPN? When I did, it REALLY slowed things down for me, so I gave up using it.

I trust you're not using the VPN? When I did, it REALLY slowed things down for me, so I gave up using it.
No Trevor, Opera's VPN hasn't worked for months so it's permanently off.

Reactions: Sky
I have on occasion got the blue bars on opera, (W7) if I switch to FF, no change.
I agree the site does seem to lag occasionally.

Although no loss of connection at any time using the site.
@Marcel ?

The only thing I can think of is an underwhipped hamster. I've not upgraded / changed anything recently.

Whipping the snake? Sounds like a euphemism for something that gave me is reputed to give one hairy palms...[/S]

Last 48 hours seems okay so Hamster obviously brought to heel. :)

Last 48 hours seems okay so Hamster obviously brought to heel. :)

More problems this afternoon, however I have since changed the DNS on my router and it's made things a lot smoother ... maybe the Hamster is innocent!

Back