Tracing a Foundling – Help!

Name
Alison
Edit My Images
Yes
As a newborn baby, my friend was dumped in a box on the steps of the hospital in Nairobi on 14th December 1963, two days after Kenya became independent.

Had she been left there prior to independence she’d have been shipped over to the UK as an orphan. Had she been left there a couple of days later she’d have been put in a Kenyan orphanage. Given the turmoil during the transition, nobody knew quite what to do so the High Commissioner asked his friend, working there for the BBC at the time, if he would adopt her.

Amanda has asked me to try and trace her birth parents but I’ve only got the foregoing info. Other than that, she has two daughters both whom have a peculiar congenital kidney defect. Both Amanda and her daughters (aged 21 and 24) eat healthily yet are morbidly obese. I’m unable to divine anything in their facial features which might give a clue as to racial origin.

Any ideas as to where I might start searching? :shrug:

or are there many more "odd threads" than usual in OOF at the moment?

Don't get me wrong but asking for help in tracing Kenyan kids from the 60's through to several pages on Toast?

Must be the lack of the yellow thing in the sky.....

And yes, an odd thread about odd threads... :cautious:

It seems that we’re odd – me for asking and, presumably, you for taking the time to answer but who cares? :LOL:

I have no idea if this will help but they might be able to point you in the right direction

http://www.foundlingmuseum.org.uk/

HTH

David

Many thanks for your help, I will drop them a line tomorrow :)

Back