Tracking shot of my car

Edit My Images
No
OK, went out with the lad on a weekend trying to get some slightly different angles on our car. Ended up hanging the camera out of the window on a monopod. Tried a range of speeds/aperture, this was one of the better ones although it was surprisingly difficult to get sharp car and blurred background. This was at 50th sec with IS, could possibly have benefited from a slightly faster shutter as I think the focus is about right.

2899edit_small.jpg

Although I've not tried this, I'm told you only need to get the car at a walking pace. There was someone on here quite a while back who built a rig for doing this, but I never got round to giving it a go myself.

I think that was me Mark.

Cool shot, I think the DOF is a bit shallow and the car needs some space to move into but other than that, nice.

Kris

Kris, I agree, I will have to get out and try some more, as you can't see what you are taking it is all based on guesswork to start!

What is the rig Mark mentioned, holding an SLR on a monopod out of the window at 40mph is not for the faint hearted!

I tried this a few years back and found the best way was to push the car and alter shutter speed to suit. Cant find many pics but hears one and you can see me in the reflection pushing the car.

p496246884-3.jpg

Monopod not the best idea as you need a more solid rig

This is the rig I use the picture is taken from the website where I bought the rig see link for more info

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction_pads_vacuum_mounts.htm

p65796018.jpg

Back