Tractor on steroids...

More like Tractor on tip-toes! The extra wheels are to reduce the pressure under the tyres to reduce soil compaction - the tool behind the beast is basically a mahoosive rake, creating a fine tilth for seed sowing. 3 and 4 for me.

Rural life certainly isn't as boring as some townies think. I once missed a great picture when a neighbour drove his his tractor out the gate without retracting the spray arms. To be fair to myself, I was too busy waving and shouting at him to point the camera!

I hate to think how much these things cost!

Great shots (y)

More like Tractor on tip-toes! The extra wheels are to reduce the pressure under the tyres to reduce soil compaction - the tool behind the beast is basically a mahoosive rake, creating a fine tilth for seed sowing. 3 and 4 for me.

Extra wheels are called dual wheels.

The machine on the back is a power harrow, not like a rake in the job it does. Basically a pair of tines mounted vertically on a rotor, every other rotor turning in the opposite direction, but you're right they do create a fine filth for a seed bed.

As for price of the tractor, I'd say in the region of 100k new.

As for price of the tractor, I'd say in the region of 100k new.
Less than that, Case 230 Puma, it isn't actually a particularly big tractor just looks it with the wheels.

Last edited:
Less than that, Case 230 Puma, it isn't actually a particularly big tractor just looks it with the wheels.

It wouldn't be far off that, most competitors of that hp are approaching 100k.

But you're right for 230 hp it doesn't look an overly big tractor.

Like #1 great rural scene would look good on the front of some agricultural publication

A far throw from what we drove in my youth. We had an old grey Fergy that was mine, a Massey 35, a Fordson Major and a David Brown 990 (the red one before they went with white paint). Heck, we didn't have a single tractor with a cab and that was only in the mid-late 80s and on top of the Brecon Beacons! :wideyed: :D

Back