weekly Tracy's 52 challenge 2015 - Heat added.

Hi Tracy

soory I've bee absent for what appears to be very long time !

Close up......no crit just LOVE this....well placed in the frame , perfect lighting & focus :clap:

Sound.....not taken with kiddy type portraits but like this...his concentration & those eyelashes.......oh yes, the theme...it's definately on theme...just the missing top of his head bugs me but that might be hat you were aiming for ( not to bug me by the way:)) but the crop.....

Crowd.....love those masks , very posh masquerade ball.....works for the theme (y)

Machine.....fascinating escalator...reminds of War of the Worlds , bit of pp would lose the people but they don't detract much anyway...really like that (y)

Alphabet...not had those sweets for years ! Plenty of detail/texture ,well lit with just enough shadow to keep it real (y)

Hi Tracy
Just for a change I'm on a Mega catch up after being away for 2 weeks, was behind before I went :rolleyes:
Mouth ... Great little statuette, Just the job for the theme eh!;) Really spot on DOF there really picks out and highlights the Mouth. love the way the DOF throws out all behind the Elephants head.

Crowd ... That looks like a fun crowd! Great B&W shot, I think the processing is great really sharp and great contrast there. The lighting is good not sure if used a flash but it looks nicely defused and not at all harsh.
Looks like their having a ball! Only comment is I'd have probably have wound up the DOF to loose those lights and bits and bobs in the background. Its such a nice fun shot if it were mine I'd probably take some time and either clone some bits out or throw a blur on the background. Nice Shot.

Close up ... Really nice shot, love the water droplets and also those very fine hairs around the periphery of the leaf. Clean clear shot very minimal but works perfectly. I think the deep Green against the dark background works well.

Machine ... Interesting shot .... That's a strange thing at the top of the escalator looks like its coming out of the centre of the earth! Signs and People always in the way, together with Scaffolding and Cranes, I'm waiting for Photoshop to mage filters to remove these:)
Quite like this and I'd probably try for a square crop to loose that sign though. However I really like the lead in and the perspective as it stands. Flipping signs! Bet the boys enjoyed the museum!

Alphabet .... ooohhh haven't seen those for ages! look yummy! Nice pastel colours, and like the light creeping in over the top

Sound ... That's a great picture! also love the reflection in the glass. He's obviously deeply engrossed in the music:). Like the light and shade across his face. Cracking shot! Love it.

Nice Stuff Tracy(y)

sound - beautiful shot, very serene :)
alphabet - well lit and yummy colours

Experiment - ok nearly gave up on this one lol but decided today to just have a play and experiment with a couple of things ive never tried before and here are the results - sorry 2 photos this week :)
Might try again with these at some point when I get more time as they aren't exactly what I was hoping for but for a first try im happy.

Thanks for all your comments this week, very much appreciated :D

View attachment 35856 View attachment 35857

Amazing. Really beautiful and relaxing. Would look brilliant in just about any photo-media thing available - from canvas to coaster. How did you do the green one?

Love 'em.

Hi Tracy - your experiment shots have worked really well. The first on almost feels 3D to me - as if all those smaller bubbles are slowly orbiting the main one. Lovely

Amazing. Really beautiful and relaxing. Would look brilliant in just about any photo-media thing available - from canvas to coaster. How did you do the green one?

Love 'em.
Thank you Ian :) the first one was a small bowl with water and food colouring then I added a few drops of oil, then just took a few photos before all the oil moved together.

Tracy, ....Experiment.
I like them both but I REALLY like the first. I find it really calming.
It's like looking at an insane green universe :)

Hi Tracy,

I can't really add to anything anyone else has said, all your images since my last update (apologies for delay) are interesting and meet the themes however my favourites would have to be your sound and experiment shots..

sound is a wonderfully natural image, lighting is spot on and it just 'that cute' and experiment certainly looks like an experiment and the images produced are something i would see on a computer desktop wallpaper/screensaver. cracking job

Hi Tracy, you've made a really good job of capturing the flame and some nice detail in the burnt-out end of the match :clap: I'm not sure thatthe reflected glow on the bg adds anything to the overall image, especially in that offset position and would have probably got rid of that and gone for a much tighter crop, but otherwise a pleasing shot.

Heat ... on theme, well focused and I think I like the reflection but I'd take a smidge off the bottom. ;)

Back