Trading in a D3 for D3X

try ffordes, I'm not far from them if you want a go between :)

We would still like to see pics of a well used/abused D3 :D

Agreed.
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

I will take some studio pics if I can find my S5 pro or D200!

Where the heck did I put them.....:D

OK. If a MINT BRAND NEW D3 is Kate from Lost.... mines is SLOTH from the Goonies....on a bad day, after he has been hit by a truck, eaten by a rodent, and sh@t back out on the side of the road.

Gary.

Some people would kill to pull someone like that...

You could try Merchant City Cameras in Glasgow, Gary. They buy used stuff, but obviously can't compete with the likes of Jessops on the price of new Nikon gear.

At the end of the day it's only the price-to-change that matters though....

Cheers Flash,

Was gonna pick your brain at some point RE Glasgow. Dunno if you know Edinburgh well, but wondering what the MORNINGSIDE / BRUNTSFIELD / STOCKBRIDGE equivalent is in Glasgow...basically, where do the medium to high earning city living families live?

Gary.

Cheers Flash,

Was gonna pick your brain at some point RE Glasgow. Dunno if you know Edinburgh well, but wondering what the MORNINGSIDE / BRUNTSFIELD / STOCKBRIDGE equivalent is in Glasgow...basically, where do the medium to high earning city living families live?

Gary.

in the city itself that would be the West End, or the likes of Newton Mearns on the southside - round there sex is what coal comes in.....:naughty:

Gary you should retire it and have it in a box on the wall @ Inspire

I reckon Janice could fix it, just like she does sensors:)

:naughty:

Gary - I will give you a jaffa cake for it?

in the city itself that would be the West End, or the likes of Newton Mearns on the southside - round there sex is what coal comes in.....:naughty:

Cheers matey...

and what about trendy out of town shopping outlets? Edinburgh has the Gyle, Newcraighall etc etc....prefer the EAST of Glasgow....

Cheers matey...

and what about trendy out of town shopping outlets? Edinburgh has the Gyle, Newcraighall etc etc....prefer the EAST of Glasgow....
the east of Glasgow is the equiv. of Craigmillar ...
There are shopping malls at The Forge (Parkhead) & The Fort (Easterhouse).

Trendier tends to be west or south so > Braehead & Silverburn.

Kinnell,how bad can it be, get some pics up Gary.............(y)

Camera abuse really is unprofessional gary, I hope you are shameful and remorseful and will remedy your ways..... :bat::bat:

Bearsden is where all the medical/legal/banker type people gravitate to :)

Can't be that bad Gary, have you seen Arkady's cameras?

Don't Calumet do p/x?

Not anymore! - they used to have a pre-owned section - Not anymore though! about 7 years ogo - jessops are similar they have stopped th practise!

Not anymore! - they used to have a pre-owned section - Not anymore though! about 7 years ogo - jessops are similar they have stopped th practise!

Jessops in Bristol (Whiteladies Rd) have an anaemic 2nd hand section, but it's there. It's probably so pathetic because their trade-in values pale to LCE's. They offered me £150 p/e on a Sigma 50-500mm which LCE offered me £350 on.

Gary, I think that we should organise a TP raffle and have your D3 as 1st prize :). Ticket revenue would obviously be split between you and the Mods ;).

For a great 2nd prize, you could sign one of your fab landscape prints and frame it :naughty:. 3rd prize would be two signed, framed fab landscapes :p!

Sorry, old joke :bonk:!

Jacobs have a new store in Edinburgh along from Jessops. Might be worth trying either.

:shrug:

[S1]I agree[/S1]
Gary, I think that we should organise a TP raffle and have your D3 as 1st prize :). Ticket revenue would obviously be split between you and the Mods ;).

For a great 2nd prize, you could sign one of your fab landscape prints and frame it :naughty:. 3rd prize would be two signed, framed fab landscapes :p!

Sorry, old joke :bonk:!

Yeah MUD - Some stores do still have them But they are actively discontinuing the practise AFAIK and was told by a manager(y)

Yep as you say they are way out of balance on the trade in values on the stores that have them still - I think its up to the managers to cover the section! so hence the low ball offers......

Back