Answered Trading Post Terms and Rules Pop Up

Mine has always done it, seems to reopen overnight so refreshes it several times won't make any difference.
Got used to just scrolling past now and ignoring forums I don't have any interest in, but then I use "New Posts" so
just ignore sales section and a couple of others

Like Ingrid, it stays closed until the next day when (like some flowers) it bloomin' opens up again!

Not a big deal, I generally manage to ignore it unless one of the most recent items is something that sparks my interest.

Well I have no idea why that should happen, overnight, there are no "time bombs" regulating the form.
Logged out logged in swapped Browsers still closed.
I'll log out and log back in after midnight as a test ..

I'll log out and log back in after midnight as a test ..

I never log out, but don't worry about it, been happening for a long time now, doesn't bother me at all, just saying that
it often happens overnight

Still closed down for me today.

Long may it continue!

Long may it continue!
Curiously while I was messing around on the forum, sometime early hours I checked, and it has expanded again.
This morning it was closed again without me doing :thinking:

"Curiouser and curiouser." said Christopher!

Let's give this another try....
Because it's feedback (y)
Feedback can be positive too, not only negative and also constructive.
Most of my feedback apart from a joke or two have been constructive.

We are supplying a "notice board" for people to buy and sell, that's all we are doing.

If people want to call "dibs" its down to the seller if they want to accept that.
Exchange details. Well obviously people will need to do that to complete the sale.
If the buyer or seller don't supply them, refuses to supply them at the point of sale,
whether or not they are part of the rules, rather than just common sense,
I'd pull out for the sale / purchase.

Price pointing, look, we have relaxed the rules they are staying relaxed.
It's not about common sense, the point is/was that the forum enabled its members/buyers to mandate providing personal details. That's very important.
I would really implore you and the team to reinstate these two rules at the very minimum:
- no dealing via. PMs till a deal is agreed
- sellers to give their details (buyers obviously will if they want the item :p )

These to really levels the "playing field" and makes it fair for everyone IMO.

You don't need to trade in the area.
Try ebay its a lot more expensive though.
This is one of your less constructive comments. I am sure everyone knows of eBay, it's costs and selling mechanisms especially me of all people considering how much I buy and sell. It's actually financially better to sell on there than here but I am never in it to make a profit which is why I list here first way before I ever resort to eBay. Half the time I sell here at trade-in prices.
Even then I sell majority on eBay than on here.
I know other places don't have the same kind of rules it's also why I don't go to others places as much.

I must sound like someone that comes here just for sales but you know that's not the case by my posting history but at the same time its a big part of this forum. I think a good trading platform is something unique and will only attract more content for other parts (though I'm sure there are some who won't contribute elsewhere but I'm representing myself not them).
What I'm trying to make you all understand is that in reality, none of the old rules ( of which there were many) were really enforceable.
We are providing a "notice board" for people to buy and sell.
How you / they do that is up to you. ( I'm sure that other selling platforms doesn't have as many rules)
There is a handful of guidelines to follow, that will be enforced.

It seems to be you are trying to lessen the moderation burden from that forum and that's fair if it is the case. But I think it's worth keeping the essence of it undisturbed and the two rules I suggested above would go a long way at doing that IMO. I know even the two things I suggest is not always enforceable but just the fact they were in place kept a lot people in check and really enabled buyers and also made it fair for all.

Well I hope you will reconsider your stance. I take you to be a bit more open to change than that ;)
As evidenced below.
However when the techy guy, Chris, clocks on I will ask him to revisit the pop up notice,
and reduce the frequency that it appears.

Last edited:
Feedback can be positive too, not only negative and also constructive.

That was my point

This is one of your less constructive comments.
It was a fair point, of course people will post here to save money.

It seems to be you are trying to lessen the moderation burden from that forum
You got it.
Its a notice board for members to use FOC.
If they want to buy us a coffee for the privilege, to help keep the forums free for everyone, then great.
If not, no problem, its not a condition of using the "free ads space"

I take you to be a bit more open to change than that ;)
The new rules were sanctioned by the 3 admin with a unanimous vote.

Last edited:

Long may it continue!

Expanded again this morning. Quite possibly something getting reset when changes are made to bits under the bonnet (like the current tweaking of the Themes) so I'll wait until everything's settled.

Like I say, it's only when something catches my eye that I look in there and it costs me money!!!

The Trading Post Terms and Rules Pop Up is particularly annoying
, BOY IS IT , I have been a member for a while now and it's getting to the point that I may stop looking at the classified's , Every item in every catogory I try and look at Bang the anoying pop up , I gave up this morning , Yes I have supplied a cuppa and do appreciate the use of the adds
Please make it stop for establised apreciative members :eek::oops: :$:eek:

The Trading Post Terms and Rules Pop Up is particularly annoying
, BOY IS IT , I have been a member for a while now and it's getting to the point that I may stop looking at the classified's , Every item in every catogory I try and look at Bang the anoying pop up , I gave up this morning , Yes I have supplied a cuppa and do appreciate the use of the adds
Please make it stop for establised apreciative members :eek::oops: :$:eek:
Click the little 'X' top right and you won't see it again for a while

OK Thanks will give that a try , Fingers crossed

Back