traffic wardens and parking tickets

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
do you think id be within my rights to refer to a traffic warden as a

"money grabbing greedy gob***** who seemingly takes a slapdash approach to his somewhat questionable job"

in my correspondance regarding a ticket i got for parking outside a house for which im the registered owner

:ponders:

I'd drop the "seemingly", otherwise looks fine ;)

Don't post it...hand deliver it.

I must tell you about my gaffers' recent experience with them.

He had outstanding parking fines of over £120 going back over a year which he had paid albeit late.

They started hassling him after the year and despite many letters they refused to accept they were paid saying 'prove it'.
How many people keep receipts over a year? :confused:

In the end he gave up in disgust and turned up in person to pay them.

He took photos on his mobile of the cashier, he turned her computer monitor around to take a photo of the transaction, a shot of her clearly putting the money in the till and handing him the receipt.

She was livid and called her supervisor who was also a little p!ssed.

You can work out the conversation that followed for yourselves! :D

Gaffer = boss like at work? if so, all businesses should keep all receipts for at least 5 years (might be more), the taxman can ask to see them at any time. Silly man for chucking them :)

Steep said:
Gaffer = boss like at work? if so, all businesses should keep all receipts for at least 5 years (might be more), the taxman can ask to see them at any time. Silly man for chucking them :)

Manager/lackie and he is responsible as we all are for paying his own parking tickets.
He doesn't own the company.
Just a pleb like me but with a fancier title!

ah! ignore me then :)

My mum was a traffic warden:nono:

Traffic wardens are as bad as the police.

I got stopped twice in a week by the police. The first time was for allegedly speeding, yet he claims he didn't clock me over a long enough distance but stopped me anyway. He then had a look around my car which had 'illegal plates' on it - they have a 'Ford' background image, a 'Focus' logo where the EU symbol (if anything) should be, and no manufacturer's mark - the font itself was fine and easily readable. He claimed a plate with any of the above was illegal. He then went on to point out what a legal plate should be like, using the one attached to the front of his V70 as an example. I was quick to point out that his plates didn't have a manufacturer's mark either.

<cop> "Oh, well they must have been replaced".
<Me> "Yeah? Well so have mine then".

After that he decided he was going to accuse me of drink-driving - his reasoning being that my eyes looked red! I should point out that this fiasco took place at nearly 1am. I told him I hadn't, and he didn't even do a breath test! He let me go after that and followed me for about two miles - at some point a white van got between him and me - he pulled the van as well!

Second time I got stopped in a 'random check'. First thing they went to was my plates. Ordered to change them, &#163;30 fine and produce documents within 7 days.

Prior to that, plates had been on car for 18 months without any hassle from anybody.

In contrast, my girlfriend's ex threatened to cut her throat and it took 7 bloody weeks (yes thats seven weeks) to get the police to come and take a statement. They still won't do anything - we're going to court for a restraining order next week.

Just shoot the pillock - it's not like Midsommer, you know. More like Charles Dance in 'Last Action Hero':
"Hello anyone? I'm shooting someone here!!!" (deafening silence puctuated by distant cries of 'shad-uup!').

I'm sorry, but people with license plates that are anything but standard should get them changed - customise your car all you like, but your license plate is a way of identifying the car, not making it look good.

leoedin said:
I'm sorry, but people with license plates that are anything but standard should get them changed - customise your car all you like, but your license plate is a way of identifying the car, not making it look good.

I agree

I find that generally people with these special personalised plates are terrible drivers anyway usually show offs!, I always keep well clear of them

Bachs said:
Don't post it...hand deliver it.

I must tell you about my gaffers' recent experience with them.

He had outstanding parking fines of over £120 going back over a year which he had paid albeit late.

They started hassling him after the year and despite many letters they refused to accept they were paid saying 'prove it'.
How many people keep receipts over a year? :confused:

In the end he gave up in disgust and turned up in person to pay them.

He took photos on his mobile of the cashier, he turned her computer monitor around to take a photo of the transaction, a shot of her clearly putting the money in the till and handing him the receipt.

She was livid and called her supervisor who was also a little p!ssed.

You can work out the conversation that followed for yourselves! :D

The best I've ever heard, loved to have been behind in the queue...

leoedin said:
I bet you were the one who always refused to wallpaper your school books like everybody else in the class did.

You must not be individual...you must be assimilated
assimilate.gif

Back