Trail cam Victure HC500 help (Resolved)

I don't think Victure or Apeman trail cameras are available from Amazon in the UK at the moment. I've heard in a couple of YouTube comparison test reviews that these two sellers were removed from Amazon due to concerns over the manipulation of customer reviews (offering a free gift for a 5 star review, or something like that). I don't know for certain if that is true but Victure and Apeman both appear to be absent from Amazon at the moment, and have been for several weeks now, so something must have caused two 'top sellers' to disappear from the listings.

I've not bought any Victure products but have four Apeman H55 trail cameras (I believe Victure sold a similar 'no glow' version) and an Apeman A77 action camera (GoPro type thing) and have found them very good indeed for the money. I think it's a shame if these two sellers have been banned or suspended for manipulating reviews, as I don't think they actually needed to do that because their trail cameras were actually good enough value for money not to need that approach. Trail camera wise, I can't currently find a direct equivalent specification 'no glow' trail camera on Amazon at the price Victure and Apeman used to sell theirs for. Hopefully that will change, but in the meantime it seems it's the buyer that's missing out.

Last edited:
I don't think Victure or Apeman trail cameras are available from Amazon in the UK at the moment. I've heard in a couple of YouTube comparison test reviews that these two sellers were removed from Amazon due to concerns over the manipulation of customer reviews (offering a free gift for a 5 star review, or something like that). I don't know for certain if that is true but Victure and Apeman both appear to be absent from Amazon at the moment, and have been for several weeks now, so something must have caused two 'top sellers' to disappear from the listings.

I've not bought any Victure products but have four Apeman H55 trail cameras (I believe Victure sold a similar 'no glow' version) and an Apeman A77 action camera (GoPro type thing) and have found them very good indeed for the money. I think it's a shame if these two sellers have been banned or suspended for manipulating reviews, as I don't think they actually needed to do that because their trail cameras were good enough not to need that approach. Trail camera wise, I can't currently find a direct equivalent specification 'no glow' trail camera on Amazon at the price Victure and Apeman used to sell theirs for. Hopefully that will change, but in the meantime it seems it's the buyer that's missing out.
I bought several trailcams from Apeman and had to return all bar one due to faulty IR Cut filter causing pink video.
Even after leaving several negative reviews and returning the faulty ones I was still pestered by them to change my reviews and offered 'freebies'.
Despite my refusals and subsequently reporting them to Amazon, they even started pestering me to review their new binoculars that others had reviwed as 'poor'.
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed as a seller ... what's the point of having a review system if it's going to be manipulated by unscrupulous sellers?

I bought several trailcams from Apeman and had to return all bar one due to faulty IR Cut filter causing pink video.
Even after leaving several negative reviews and returning the faulty ones I was still pestered by them to change my reviews and offered 'freebies'.
Despite my refusals and subsequently reporting them to Amazon, they even started pestering me to review their new binoculars that others had reviwed as 'poor'.
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed as a seller ... what's the point of having a review system if it's going to be manipulated by unscrupulous sellers?
I can understand your annoyance under those circumstances! As I said, I have four of their H55 trail cameras and found them very good, with no signs of IR filter failure (yet) - perhaps yours were a faulty batch? I seem to recall at the time that fox and badger activity in your garden was quite prolific, with dozens of video clips being recorded each night? If so, as a 'budget' trail cam perhaps they just wore out if the IR filter fault developed after a period of use?

Didn't your 'pro quality' Browning trail camera also develop a fault after a few weeks of similar constant deployment? If so, I wonder if it's down to trail cameras being designed primarily for more intermittent recording, perhaps a dozen triggers per day (if that) in a typical rural habitat, rather than being triggered forty or fifty times in very short succession night after night?

I did notice the temperature rising on the thermometer reading on one of my H55s that I'd positioned to monitor a pen of otters, when it was being triggered almost constantly during periodic bursts of activity from the animals around their pool. It was in place for 4 days and seemed to survive it's ordeal, but I had so many 30 second video recordings that the card was full and the batteries were flat when I retrieved it. I'm not sure it would have stood several weeks of such use, nor would I really have expected it to, based on its likely design criteria and selling price.

Last edited:
I can understand your annoyance under those circumstances! As I said, I have four of their H55 trail cameras and found them very good, with no signs of IR filter failure (yet) - perhaps yours were a faulty batch? I seem to recall at the time that fox and badger activity in your garden was quite prolific, with dozens of video clips being recorded each night? If so, as a 'budget' trail cam perhaps they just wore out if the IR filter fault developed after a period of use?

Didn't your 'pro quality' Browning trail camera also develop a fault after a few weeks of similar constant deployment? If so, I wonder if it's down to trail cameras being designed primarily for more intermittent recording, perhaps a dozen triggers per day (if that) in a typical rural habitat, rather than being triggered forty or fifty times in very short succession night after night?

I did notice the temperature rising on the thermometer reading on one of my H55s that I'd positioned to monitor a pen of otters, when it was being triggered almost constantly during periodic bursts of activity from the animals. It was in place for 4 days and seemed to survive it's ordeal, but I had so many 30 second video recordings that the card was full and the batteries were flat when I retrieved it. I'm not sure it would have stood several weeks of such use, nor would I really have expected it to, based on its likely design criteria.
My Browning trailcam developed a fault after many months of trouble-free use with otherwise excellent results and reliability, whereas the Apeman (not H55 but H70) cameras all had the fault from the start, clearly a fault in design/materials.

Wifey bought me a HC500. I use rechargeable batteries, the Panasonic Eneloop pro. The batteries recorded 50 minutes of video, was out for 4 days and still had 45% charge left. The one article I read about the batteries was not to use a rapid/quick charger so ended up buying the Eneloop charger that can charge 8 batteries at once, So far so good.

Well, I think we all found out this companies manuals have a lot to be desired. Just about everything is undocumented and one has to find out by fire.
That said, I can't link anything yet, but a manual I found online, shows victure cams can use up to 128 gigs, which I believe to be true as I've used them on an older victure.
The manual in the box always says 32 gigs. Which I believe is a safe nofault card amount to cover victure's butt.

BUT... All manuals state to format the card with fat32. This may also be a safe default. I will test the modern file system ntfs and report back.

The modes of the HC500 are just three. Photo only, video only or photo plus video. Photo just takes like 8 count max at a time then resets to the delay interval till next trigger event - movement. Video only records a video per resolution you set from 10 sec to 3 minutes, stops per time set and waits next trigger event. Photo+video mode is when movement triggered the cam takes one photo to how many you set first then automatically records video per your length setting, regardless if movement stops. Then awaits next trigger event.

What I'm not sure of with victure, and of course no manual mentions this, is the software capable of stopping shooting in any mode if no movement is detected into the timed period.
Other brands do have this ability, and I find nowhere on victure's website or manuals an answer. I also don't know about the blue tooth and wifi functions as I have no intentions of using that ability. The thought of my trail cam wifi active and trained on my camping tent showing me getting up at 4am in my underwear to relieve myself in the woods isn't something I want port scanned across the internet. And believe it, a wifi/internet cam can be found.

One thing I have found out, is that almost 80 percent of these brands are made from the same one or two japanese firms and rebranded to a mess of different companies, victure being one of them. Which may explain why our manuals are so bad. Japanese engineers (Engineers should NEVER write user manuals) writing the the instructions, only to be translated by east indians into Dutch and French, translated into German, who translate that to American. We never stood a chance.

Another thing, one MUST format the media card in the camera AFTER formatting on a windows computer. This establishes the base system file system. You MUST set the proper real time as well. And I found that these models don't seem to save the time settings when changing batteries. Always set the time when changing batteries.
Since I'm a photographer and have been using all sorts of controllable cameras, these trails cams are beyond frustrating for me because they're so lacking features. But I got use to it. What does catch people who don't do photography for a living or hang around nerds, when they correctly have the camera set to record, timer or not, and turn it on ready to go and then look at the media the next day and wonder why nothing was recorded? Believe or not, nothing triggered the camera that night. No bears, mice ... just a nothing night. It happens a lot and people start doubting themselves in setup.

Here's how you solve that. Because this will help you learn the basics of programming aggrevating trail cams and have confindence you are completely capable of setting these cameras as well as all the VCR's still in your house. And I am guilty of not doing this. Set the cam on your table, turn it on to record with motion (if that's even a setting) and then ... walk around in front of it about 20 feet out. First do this in the daylight, make sure you set the time for that time of your test. Then check the media, either by looking at it in camera playback or computer and if everything is set properly, you should see your silly self goofing around in your living room. Now the next test is important for people who like to night time surveillance or animal stuff.

Again, set the time or start it right away at nighttime sitting on your table, make sure it's running then turn out all the lights and jump around or walk slowly again 20 feet out. But THIS time pull out your smart phone, or digital camera and in video record mode face your camera at your table in the dark. You should see at least ONE led lit up looking right at your phone or camera lcd, if not then your trail camera has the newer dark leds. I think the HC500 may have those too. Now walk around facing your trail cam and pointing your camera at the camera on the table. Now your media should show you moving around waving your phone at nothing in particular like you're trying to record ghosts. Your phone camera is also great at checking if your tv remote or any IR remote is working by aiming the remote at your camera and you should see a little purple kind of light coming from the remote. That means it's still working. <---free tip, lol.

I'm ordering a HC500 tonight and will report back to this thread when I test it out. I will try 64gig cards at least, or even a 128gig. I will also test the file system format on the new camera.
The larger the card size the possibility of file reading slowdowns, which is typical of any device that uses media cards. I will also try and research which dc power supply can run this camera in lieu of batteries. This would be handy for when I set up my cam in the basement to see which critters are getting in and knocking over my beer bottles and eating my snacks left over from my dart games.

Hope this helps you and other trail cammers. More later.
Stay safe.
Wow ! a lot of info there.
I'm really enjoying my HC500 now, using it on video/motion sensor/25 sec. durations and getting a lot of night time wildlife action.

My Browning trailcam developed a fault after many months of trouble-free use with otherwise excellent results and reliability, whereas the Apeman (not H55 but H70) cameras all had the fault from the start, clearly a fault in design/materials.
Ah... we're talking about two different cameras then, that probably explains our difference of opinion and ownership experience.

I can only speak as I find, the H55 has worked out well for me; for a 'no glow' trail camera I found it impossible to beat for price versus performance. I found this factor important, as I wouldn't want to have risked leaving a £140+ Browning (or similar quality) 'no glow' trail cam alone for a week in some of the places I've happily left my sub £50 (on average) H55s. In some cases this has made the difference between obtaining survey results and not, so that's why I rated the H55 and mourn its current lack of availability.

Last edited:
Wifey bought me a HC500. I use rechargeable batteries, the Panasonic Eneloop pro. The batteries recorded 50 minutes of video, was out for 4 days and still had 45% charge left. The one article I read about the batteries was not to use a rapid/quick charger so ended up buying the Eneloop charger that can charge 8 batteries at once, So far so good.
Non-rechargeable lithium batteries (such as the Energiser lithium) are usually recommended for use in trail cameras, rather than rechargeable batteries. I believe this is based on 'professional' use where the camera is installed then left unattended for several days or weeks. Lithium type batteries don't suffer power loss when unused like many AA size rechargeable batteries do, and they retain their power in cold/freezing conditions much better than alkali batteries. I was informed that 'standard' alkali type Duracell batteries are not recommended for use in trail cameras, as the power demands (a comparatively long time on standby then a sudden increase in current draw when triggered) don't best suit the characteristics of this type of battery. I believe using unsuitable batteries and or inferior quality (or too large a capacity) memory cards can throw up errors that could otherwise be blamed on camera malfunction. Following the manufacturer's recommendations on memory card type and size and battery spec should avoid such problems. Hope this is useful.

Last edited:

I've not bought any Victure products but have four Apeman H55 trail cameras (I believe Victure sold a similar 'no glow' version) and an Apeman A77 action camera (GoPro type thing) and have found them very good indeed for the money. I think it's a shame if these two sellers have been banned or suspended for manipulating reviews, as I don't think they actually needed to do that because their trail cameras were actually good enough value for money not to need that approach. Trail camera wise, I can't currently find a direct equivalent specification 'no glow' trail camera on Amazon at the price Victure and Apeman used to sell theirs for. Hopefully that will change, but in the meantime it seems it's the buyer that's missing out.
Funny you should says this about 5 star reviews. This seems to be a thing recently as I've had two different product companies let me keep an item if I wrote a good review and 5 star rating. This is a true manipulation scheme by many companies with the internet reviews everywhere. One way to fight this is to do the review and star rating on the most obscure website you can find that isn't a massive social site. Or just not do the review and see if they recharge you the cost. Sorry, not really on topic.

Also, try going to the cameras direct website. Victure sells from their own site at this time. Apeman is another japanese or chinese manufacturer knock off and you can see exact models from each of the companies. Browning might make most of their own...

stay safe.

Non-rechargeable lithium batteries (such as the Energiser lithium) are usually recommended for use in trail cameras, rather than rechargeable batteries. I believe this is based on 'professional' use where the camera is installed then left unattended for several days or weeks. Lithium type batteries don't suffer power loss when unused like many AA size rechargeable batteries do, and they retain their power in cold/freezing conditions much better than alkali batteries. I was informed that 'standard' alkali type Duracell batteries are not recommended for use in trail cameras, as the power demands (a comparatively long time on standby then a sudden increase in current draw when triggered) don't best suit the characteristics of this type of battery. I believe using unsuitable batteries and or inferior quality (or too large a capacity) memory cards can throw up errors that could otherwise be blamed on camera malfunction. Following the manufacturer's recommendations on memory card type and size and battery spec should avoid such problems. Hope this is useful.

I use rechargeable batteries in my trail camera, it's just too expensive running it on normal batteries. I have found that although it takes stills when the temp drops, it often doesn't shoot the video. I haven't run it for a few weeks, time to put it back out I think..

Just did an amazon search here in the states. I'm not seeing victure appearing so far. amazon has gotten to be incredibly horrible to search for things as they first give you 6 pages of sponsored crap not even matching your search AND most aggrevating they don't always list the brand name in the product list any more it seems. Forcing you to click on an item just to see the brand.
I'll have to do more looking later as I need to look busy out in the yard right now so I've run out of time. It's almost as if amazon purposely hides info from shoppers to force adds.

All this is ironic on my part as I've been trying to run a small tee shirt biz on amazon... lol.

Last edited:
Well, I think we all found out this companies manuals have a lot to be desired. Just about everything is undocumented and one has to find out by fire.
That said, I can't link anything yet, but a manual I found online, shows victure cams can use up to 128 gigs, which I believe to be true as I've used them on an older victure.
The manual in the box always says 32 gigs. Which I believe is a safe nofault card amount to cover victure's butt.

BUT... All manuals state to format the card with fat32. This may also be a safe default. I will test the modern file system ntfs and report back.

The modes of the HC500 are just three. Photo only, video only or photo plus video. Photo just takes like 8 count max at a time then resets to the delay interval till next trigger event - movement. Video only records a video per resolution you set from 10 sec to 3 minutes, stops per time set and waits next trigger event. Photo+video mode is when movement triggered the cam takes one photo to how many you set first then automatically records video per your length setting, regardless if movement stops. Then awaits next trigger event.

What I'm not sure of with victure, and of course no manual mentions this, is the software capable of stopping shooting in any mode if no movement is detected into the timed period.
Other brands do have this ability, and I find nowhere on victure's website or manuals an answer. I also don't know about the blue tooth and wifi functions as I have no intentions of using that ability. The thought of my trail cam wifi active and trained on my camping tent showing me getting up at 4am in my underwear to relieve myself in the woods isn't something I want port scanned across the internet. And believe it, a wifi/internet cam can be found.

One thing I have found out, is that almost 80 percent of these brands are made from the same one or two japanese firms and rebranded to a mess of different companies, victure being one of them. Which may explain why our manuals are so bad. Japanese engineers (Engineers should NEVER write user manuals) writing the the instructions, only to be translated by east indians into Dutch and French, translated into German, who translate that to American. We never stood a chance.

Another thing, one MUST format the media card in the camera AFTER formatting on a windows computer. This establishes the base system file system. You MUST set the proper real time as well. And I found that these models don't seem to save the time settings when changing batteries. Always set the time when changing batteries.
Since I'm a photographer and have been using all sorts of controllable cameras, these trails cams are beyond frustrating for me because they're so lacking features. But I got use to it. What does catch people who don't do photography for a living or hang around nerds, when they correctly have the camera set to record, timer or not, and turn it on ready to go and then look at the media the next day and wonder why nothing was recorded? Believe or not, nothing triggered the camera that night. No bears, mice ... just a nothing night. It happens a lot and people start doubting themselves in setup.

Here's how you solve that. Because this will help you learn the basics of programming aggravating trail cams and have confidence you are completely capable of setting these cameras as well as all the VCR's still in your house. And I am guilty of not doing this. Set the cam on your table, turn it on to record with motion (if that's even a setting) and then ... walk around in front of it about 20 feet out. First do this in the daylight, make sure you set the time for that time of your test. Then check the media, either by looking at it in camera playback or computer and if everything is set properly, you should see your silly self goofing around in your living room. Now the next test is important for people who like to night time surveillance or animal stuff.

Again, set the time or start it right away at nighttime sitting on your table, make sure it's running then turn out all the lights and jump around or walk slowly again 20 feet out. But THIS time pull out your smart phone, or digital camera and in video record mode face your camera at your table in the dark. You should see at least ONE led lit up looking right at your phone or camera lcd, if not then your trail camera has the newer dark leds. I think the HC500 may have those too. Now walk around facing your trail cam and pointing your camera at the camera on the table. Now your media should show you moving around waving your phone at nothing in particular like you're trying to record ghosts. Your phone camera is also great at checking if your tv remote or any IR remote is working by aiming the remote at your camera and you should see a little purple kind of light coming from the remote. That means it's still working. <---free tip, lol.

I'm ordering a HC500 tonight and will report back to this thread when I test it out. I will try 64gig cards at least, or even a 128gig. I will also test the file system format on the new camera.
The larger the card size the possibility of file reading slowdowns, which is typical of any device that uses media cards. I will also try and research which dc power supply can run this camera in lieu of batteries. This would be handy for when I set up my cam in the basement to see which critters are getting in and knocking over my beer bottles and eating my snacks left over from my dart games.

Hope this helps you and other trail cammers. More later.
Stay safe.
Well, I received the HC500 that I ordered direct from victure last Monday. First it was a bit late, but with the virus environment I don't mind. Not happy it arrived in a unpadded plastic bag. The camera box was banged up and the box had been opened and seal broken. I almost sent it back without looking. Unlike my first victure that shipped in a bubble wrapped box, victures packaging is nice. But this was clearly taken out of the box. Nothing was in it's original bags. The camera didn't look used and it had all the protective plastic sheeting on all glass/clear plastic parts and didn't look removed. Since I didn't find anything missing, and the unit had no visible scratches and the battery compartment did not look used, I decided to try it out.

Starting with the manual, well, microscopic printing in a four inch square pamphlet in broken english isn't the most conductive.
102 pages and only 18 were in english. 3 pages of warnings, and battery insertion. Then main parameters and product structures with a diagram. The description of buttons, but not what the actually accomplish, just where they are. No real explanations of camera functions themselves but final 7 pages about blue tooth and wifi, showing how to find an app and download and maybe get the camera to find wifi. But nothing at all what the app does for the most part. I guess one needs to download the app to find that out. I had to go to the internet and search uboob videos and duckduckgo searches for user manuals that had slightly more info. One almost exact match but different camera website had a better online manual. Victure site itself was basically useless. Stumbled on a similar victure model that had a better user online manual where I found out that 'monitor mode' had to be on before the camera would start the programmed timed recording session. Unfortunately I did not keep these links and wish I did so it would help people out if needed. From now on I will keep better surfing records. The manual gives no instructions of what the menu items actually are. That means more internet searching and trial and error, or hopefully some experience in basic menu functions of any camera. Menu items are familiar to me so I muddled through it.

First, nothing I could do to make the camera software use the windows newest ntfs file system. For some reason most of these Asian cameras will not use the newer windows file system which works with large files and is much better than the fat file system which technically can only use 4 gig size workloads. I have no idea why these cameras are stuck in 1988. Maybe some other brands that are newer use this generation of file systems. But the HC500 will use a 128gig card. Formatting the card in the computer in ntfs first, resulted in the camera rejecting the media until I formatted in the camera. Presumably the camera formats fat32. I did the file tests with 4gig, 8gig, 16gig, 32gig, 64gig and 128gig. Exact same results, no recognizing ntfs. Only fat32. I do expect possible video problems due to fat32 files and larger cards, but didn't expect to see it on a very fast 64gig card.

Already recorded some video as I always use the cameras on photo+video. On max resolution setting for video of 1729x1296p @ 30fps I saw some stuttering. That resolution is about 2.2 mega pixels or as good or better than 1080P High def video. The 30 meg quality is for photos only and it does look great photo wise. The video quality is very good as well and I have to test some more and see if the video stuttering is operator error.

The fresh card should be formatted with your computer first, but since the camera will also format media, this may or may not be mandatory. Page #7 did mention this.
When I tried my table test for video, it wouldn't work with a correct format. That's when research found that the monitor function needs to be on to tell the camera to do session programs. This was nowhere in the supplied manual. The HC gives two separate programming options. So that you can set auto monitoring for like 7am to 5pm then it goes standby with no activity and if you set the second input for 11pm to 5am the camera kicks back on at 11pm. You will find videos recorded between those two set times only. I only use it at night right now. So 10pm to 6am. In photo+video, the camera will detect movement, take a photo then start video recording right then. This two session ability is a very nice option if you want some daytime surveillance as well as night time. The camera will not just stay on for 24 hours if needing both times of day. The camera will run in very low voltage standby to conserve batteries if programmed this way. As far as I can tell, the HC200 may not have this option.

The HC500 does not turn itself off if no movement is detected from what I can tell during the pre set recording time length of up to 180 seconds of video. I believe a browning I have may shut down if something is not moving for like 10 seconds. Every video of the HC500 runs the full 180 secs that I have set. The bunnie has left the room, and recording a tree for the final 2 minutes.

So for now to summarize - Manual = sucks. Even some better online manuals are still cryptic and assume too much mind reading and like people are pros with trail cams. Camera quality very good so far. Daylight video is at least better than 1080P, night video is very good quality. Menu, once one gets a handle on what things hopefully are, is fairly simple to navigate.
It's also much simpler to set the time format to 12hour. 24 hour in the menu time modes is just not intuitive and it doesn't seem implemented correctly when trying to input a program time. Maybe it's me.

HC500 quality of photo/video is clearly superior to my victure HC200 res wise. Interestingly, the 200 has a better detecting distance of 80m, the 500 is only 30m. I believe the higher cost of the 500 is in the wifi marketing. I may play with the wifi as the HC500 is just out back about 30 yards from my den office and my wifi modem. It may be possible to do this on my computer, I don't know yet. It depends on the software that I can find. My luck my older turbo max smart phone won't work with the app.

I'll try to update this information soon if anyone is interested. And like the very helpful Mag1cp2x, I will try to help if there are questions.

Last edited:
Resolved, within twenty minutes of posting this plea I cracked it - and it's not in the manual !
Should anyone else buy a Victure HC500 trail cam and need a kind word I'll be very happy to help.
How did you crack it? I have been using Victures for 3 years .. switch on, put outside at night to capture hedgehogs etc and they take videos automatically. Have upgraded to Victure 520 - have done all the normal things, formatted card, inserted batteries correctly, app works fine. Can take photos and videos manually. BUT I cannot get it to detect movement either daytime or night time. Your help and thought would be appreciated. Thank you.

How did you crack it? I have been using Victures for 3 years .. switch on, put outside at night to capture hedgehogs etc and they take videos automatically. Have upgraded to Victure 520 - have done all the normal things, formatted card, inserted batteries correctly, app works fine. Can take photos and videos manually. BUT I cannot get it to detect movement either daytime or night time. Your help and thought would be appreciated. Thank you.
Do you toggle the setting from still to video as the very last thing you do when setting up ?

Thank you for your question. I have just taken the camera into the garage with garage lights on. The last thing I tried (as you suggested) was to press M (Mode) to phot+video, closed the camera, turned off the garage light and hey presto lots of infra red lights. I now having stunningly clear images and videos of myself in dressing gown waving arms in the air. Thank you for the hint. The next issue I have is this - I am using the same SD card as I was using in the older Victure - I could put this card in an adapter and put in the USB port of the TV and watch the videos on the TV screen. If I do so now (videos taken on 520) the AVI files are not recognised and I just get the symbol i. Can I test your brain on this issue please?

If you've not done so already, try formatting the SD card in your new trail camera (the option to do this will be in the camera's set-up menu somewhere. Don't forget this will erase any photos and videos you have on the card though, so save anything you want first! Then try it with some new photos and video and see if that helps.

Reactions: jhc
Sounds like you're on the right track. It's a case of experimenting with the 'interval time' between videos. I tend to run mine at the minimum (5 secs on my camera) so I don't miss anything, but the down side is that I often get repeated footage of the same animal. So it depends how 'belt and braces' you need to be with your 'hit rate'. I've also opted for the setting below the highest HD one for video, as this has a faster frame rate (30fps instead of 15fps) and I find motion looks better with a higher frame rate so I'm willing to drop from full HD to HD, which I find less noticeable to my eye than the frame rate - but this is down to personal choice. Your trail cam may be different, so it's a case of experimenting and seeing what you personally prefer.

Also, don't use Duracell batteries in your trail cam. I've been told that they don't have the best discharge characteristics for a trail cam (ages on standby then a sudden power drain when it fires up). I was recommended (on a trail cam training course) to use non-rechargeable Lithium batteries such as Energizer Ultimate Lithium, which hold their voltage better in cold weather too. Not cheap, but neither was your camera so why spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar?

I've also found Duracell batteries are prone to leaking (often corroding the device they're installed in when they do!). I broke my own rule about batteries and put some Duracells in my trail cam a few months ago as I'd nothing else in stock. I've just picked it up off my desk (where it's been sitting for a few months) to check which settings I actually use before replying to your post and found the low battery warning level symbol came on, then it shut down. I took the batteries out and found one of them had just started to leak (fortunately not next to one of the battery compartment terminals), so replying to this post probably saved my trail cam from potentially irreparable damage! So be warned.

Hope this is useful and best of luck with your camera. (y)
I always used to use Duracell but switched a good few years ago when their quality went downhill. A mates been using them recently and kept having issues, finally he bought about six packets and tested the brand new battries, it turns out all the packs he bought had at least one duff cell that was half dead from new, all in date too. H'es switched to something else know.

Where is the app for the HC500? Tried using the QR code in the manual - no result; tried searching "Hunting Camera Pro" in the Android play store - no result that looks like Victure.

Back