Training day portrait

Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks

I held a training day at my studio last weekend and would like to share with you a couple of pictures taken by a lady on the course. I like them. She was a novice who could only shoot in auto at the begining of the day and by the end of it was able to think more like a photographer and had an understanding of effect of reflectors and lighting.
5926367748_fc0ab50aff_b.jpg

5925826583_2db8c2ec1a_b.jpg

Last edited:
really nice. i may have to save some pennies and get myself booked on one of your courses.

not done many portraits. loads of candids of grandson and landscapes etc.
martin

The first picture I let her have a play with my camera 1ds mk iii with 2.8 70-200 is lens. In also showed her some lightroom/photoshop techniques to edit the photo.

Thanks all for the comments this was my first go at photography training. The only previous teaching I have done in the past was Law. Not quite the same. This training session went down very well so I'm sure the if I get enough interest in the future I'll do it again.

Ah thanks guys!

The course Kieron held was fantastic. I feel loads more confident now and will be seeking more teaching in the not too distant future.

More pics to follow soon!

Thanks again Kieron.

That first shot is a stunning portrait, really top quality work, well done to both teacher and student.

The hand in the second beneath the models leg looks odd to me.
I think I'd prefer the shot without it or more arm in the frame.
But minor, very minor, and I'm certainly no portrait togger.

I know just where your comming from, but I still think she did brilliantly and improved greatly during the day also when there are more than one photographer taking pictures at the same time its not easy to get the perfect shot.

I was very pleased that she found a good location and good light.

No 1 - is superb- love the PP :clap:

No 2 - I have to agree about her right hand- but nice shot never the less (y)

Les ;)

Back