Trains in the sunshine and some rape seed

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I've tried to get out as much as I can during this unusually hot spell we've just had. This meant swapping my shift, cycling 16 miles before starting work followed by 14 miles getting home from work! But it was all so worth it I tell you. Let me know your opinions good or bad

img9155s.jpg

img9169z.jpg

img9472v.jpg

img9494i.jpg

img9524.jpg

img9130.jpg

Last edited:
img9532c.jpg

img9558i.jpg

img9606q.jpg

I also had a little play with a shot I've taken of some station signs. For reasons known only to myself I went in search of the font that they use on the station signs, so I could make my own. With some tweaks and free clip art I made a new logo for my railway photo site
Original
img9441e.jpg

New logo
img9441i.jpg

Last, but not least, for the first time whilst taking the rape seed shots, I got to use my Sigma tele with the tripod mount. When I was about to dismount everything to effect a lens change I suddenly thought "wouldn't it be easier to leave the lens where it is?"
Working title : Photographys no fun when you have no body to share it with
img9576e.jpg

I hope there's something for people to enjoy here

Last edited:
Nice set. picks of choice are 7, 8, and 9. Pic 7 should realy have a steam train in there. Last pics a novel tuch.

Hi Matt,
You have made a real effort,respect to that.
Just checked out your site and bookmarked it to have a proper look later.looks good.
I like your enthusiasm and thought process with the new logo.

There's much better on the site ,but these are cracking images of modern type stuff,but the backgrounds are not very inspiring,so you would need to be a real railway enthusiast,like yourself to make such legwork enjoyable.

Regards,
Pons

Any more for any more? There's enough pics for people to like/hate. Just for info #7 was took with a Cokin 121M Grad, to darken the sky. On my website I've had mixed feedback about it.

Number 8 is awesome! Great set all round actually. Like the 'reserved' one too. :)

I like #8 too, but I would clone out that bit of tree sticking out above the coaches, and there seems to be a strange reflection on the right hand side - is it an internal reflection from a filter?

The sign is very clever - can't tell that it's not the real thing!

Last edited:
Love number 8, really nice shot. Glad your cycling as well i recently am cycling more and more now and some of the things i see on the way you would never see by car.

Some nice shots there. Number 7 is a very nice shot, imagine if it was a Steam train.

I like #8 too, but I would clone out that bit of tree sticking out above the coaches, and there seems to be a strange reflection on the right hand side - is it an internal reflection from a filter?

another vote for #8,. It's a cracker, though these are valid points.

If it were me, I'd be tempted to level up the top with a dab of perspective correction in Photoshop.

Some nice pictures.

Last edited:
Back