Transition from PS7 to CS3 with plugins

Edit My Images
Yes
I just ditched my old Photoshop 7 and sprang for CS3 - so far I love it, but is there a BASIC tutorial somewhere to tell me what all the plugins do and how they interface with CS3, i.e. transferring files between the two (e.g. Bridge or Camera Raw to CS3)?

Alternatively, if there's a good beginner's book out there I'm open to recommendations, but I don't need to learn how to make selections or sharpen again!

Thanks in advance...

I found that most of the CS3 books started from scratch and assumed you knew nothing about Photoshop. They seemed to go over the same ground.

One of the best sources of information I found is Terry Whites ( Adobe) podcasts for the CS3 creative suite. You've got to filter out all the items you don't need, such as Flash, and in Design, but after that they are very useful.

Load up i-Tunes and go to the podcasts section of the store. Type in "Adobe Creative Suit Video Podcasts" into the search window and it should find them for you. Hit the subscribe button and they'll update with new ones each time you start i-Tunes. Edit out the ones you don't need.

I've just looked at my downloads and there are at least 6 on Bridge and probably double that on the new Photoshop featutes

also have a look at the adobe support site, I seem to remember that there's something on this in the FAQ's.

Thanks all - the support site seems very topical, but it has some useful subjects. I'm going to check out the classroom in a book too, sounds promising. Thanks again for the recommendations.

Back