Transporter Bridge 1;

_DSC00030003.jpg

Transporter Bridge 2;

_DSC00050005-1.jpg

and ... Transporter Perspective !;

_DSC00190019.jpg

Hope you like ... ? ;)

TFL ... :smilenod:

I do like. Particularly the night shots. I wish I had a pound for every time I crossed when I was a kid. Don't mean to hijack your thread but I took this one last summer - a different perspective again from up there. TFS.

transporter.jpg

regards

stepheno said:
I do like. Particularly the night shots. I wish I had a pound for every time I crossed when I was a kid. Don't mean to hijack your thread but I took this one last summer - a different perspective again from up there. TFS.

No probs Stepheno - we couldn't go up top as it was far too windy ... not to mention pretty damn cold !

Nice shot from up there though !

Been promised a trip over the top next time I am up though - camera at the ready !

TFL ...

Go on then, I'll have a go ;)

The only real suggestion I can offer, and I'm not sur ehow plausible it would've been, would be to try and find a position where the buildings weren't in the frame, they're a lot brighter than the bridge and distract from the main subjest a bit.

Your right but it's a bit difficult unless you can persuade the geezer to turn the arc lights off :p . The other side would probably be a better option.

regards

I really like the second shot, great perspective, The only thing I may have tried would be to have included a bit more of the bright lights.

Thanx a lot guys ... I really enjoyed taking these even though it was sub zero with wind chill and all !

Ghandi said:
The only real suggestion I can offer, and I'm not sur ehow plausible it would've been, would be to try and find a position where the buildings weren't in the frame, they're a lot brighter than the bridge and distract from the main subjest a bit.

Only real choices are 1). In the middle of the river and 2). as Stepheno says from the other side ... but we couldn't find a way in on the bank I was on as it was all locked up. We didn't have time to a). find a boat or b). go over the water to find somewhere on t'other bank !

And Gary B suggests even more light ... no pleasing everyone ! :laugh1:

But thanks everyone for looking and commenting - might do better next time ... and it might be warmer !?! In the north-east .... pigs might fly ! ;)

Nice series of shots.

I like the framing of the third one the best, just a shame it was such a gray (grey) day. I can see cloud detail in there tho, maybe if you had a polariser on you could have brought out some of that detail.
Also wouldn't hurt if the first one was a stop or two brighter, ....just a suggestion!

lolyton said:
Nice series of shots.

I like the framing of the third one the best, just a shame it was such a gray (grey) day. I can see cloud detail in there tho, maybe if you had a polariser on you could have brought out some of that detail.
Also wouldn't hurt if the first one was a stop or two brighter, ....just a suggestion!

Thanx Lolyton ! Tell the truth I never even thought of using the polariser - even if I had taken it (needless to say I didn't - it was a work trip after all !). :hissyfit:

I have tried the first one a tad brighter ... trouble is I am not yet that adept with PS to take the lights back down as they do tend to overpower if the shot is much lighter ! :ponders:

TFL and commenting ...

i'll add, the night ones seem very noisy, and your 1st is exactly the same position i took some from the other week, and posted on here
transnight3.jpg

Though, you've technically done a better job as you fitted the whole bridge in shot lol, what lens did you use? i only have upto 18mm (24mm on digital).

But, if you run the 1st through noiseware pro, it should improve it 100% :)

wez130 said:
i'll add, the night ones seem very noisy, and your 1st is exactly the same position i took some from the other week, and posted on here
True Wez - not stealing your thunder was just inspired by your shots to give it a go ! Been up there numerous times and often thought it would be great to photograph for myself - and took camera last time as we were holding a 'signing' session with MBC in the conference centre on site !

Though, you've technically done a better job as you fitted the whole bridge in shot lol, what lens did you use? i only have upto 18mm (24mm on digital).
I don't think so - your pic is great - and you have captured the reflections and (same ?) boat moored nearby much better than I managed ! Lens was the 12-24mm AF-S Nikkor - so has advantage of being a tad wider ! :smilenod:

But, if you run the 1st through noiseware pro, it should improve it 100% :)
You are probably right - just recently acquired Noiseware and will give it a shot on these later.

TFL & commenting Wez ... and everyone else, it is much appreciated ! :thumb:

hi ven
#3 for me,
No1 is too dark, not enough detail, but a good abstract
No2 i find the the star lights on the right distracting, but it reminds me of a prehistoric monster.
No3 i really like this one, but please clone out the lampost, bottom left and a tighter crop omitting the sign.
TFS

Boon said:
hi ven
#3 for me,
No1 is too dark, not enough detail, but a good abstract
No2 i find the the star lights on the right distracting, but it reminds me of a prehistoric monster.
No3 i really like this one, but please clone out the lampost, bottom left and a tighter crop omitting the sign.
TFS

Thanx Stev - I might just try your suggestion on No3 ... Not tried my hand at cloning yet so it could be a good one to start on ? But it will have to wait awhile as am out all weekend learning all about photography in London ! :ponders:

You never know I might be better at everything after this weekend ... fat chance but it wil be fun (I hope !). :smilenod:

TFL & commenting ... :thumb:

Back