Trapped

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
After the rain stopped found this in Garden......

All C&C welcome

Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens:MP-E65mm
Aperture: F16
Exposure time: 1/200"
ISO speed rating: 200/24°
Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Auto
Flash MT24-EX: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode

1) Trapped

trapped2.jpg
2) Escape !

trapped.jpg

And for a idea of scale - minimum mag on the MP-E 1:1

trapped1.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots but have you swapped numbers 1 and 2 as 1 looks more like an escape?

Fantastic concept, clear, sharp, just spot on(y)

Fantastic !!

Took my eldest daughter 'sphering' a few weeks ago - brings it all back.

Joking aside - great to see some depth at f16 when shooting at 5X. I had no flash when I'd got this lens so was having to shoot wide open resulting in about a micron of dof lol

Last edited:
Haha poor bugger, water tension is a real problem when one is soooo small:LOL: Did the little fella get out by himself or did you help out Paul?

Thanks for taking the time to comment (y)

Haha poor bugger, water tension is a real problem when one is soooo small:LOL: Did the little fella get out by himself or did you help out Paul?

it needed a little helping hand :)

Sheesh, they are amazing, especially #1.

May be a daft question, but is it really trying to push out of the water on #2?

Cheers...

Yes it was stuck in the rain drop - moving around like a goldfish in a bowl, every now and again it got its head out like in the second shot, then it would get catapulted back into the drop.

How on earth did you spot that bug? So you go round the garden with a magnifying glass?

Awesome shot. I've just read up on the lens. Very impressive!

Thanks - sadly i was looking for bugs :nuts: not this one but a green one i had seen earlier pushing a rain drop around like a football but i couldn't get the MP-e in for a shot.

Superb, stunning - and I guess quite a challenge to get that shot so crisp with the MP-E

I know others have said it but they are both fantastic shots thanks for sharing

Amazing shots Paul! .... :clap:

Almost missed this - they are fantastic shots!!

The second shot showing the tension is an absolute cracker - poor little dude, but at least he had some help from you (y)

wow #1 fantastic, I don't think I have ever seen anything like it before :clap:(y)

Just amazing, what a great catch. I know what I'll be looking for next time it rains. I think I'll leave the camera indoors though :shake:!

Thanks all for commenting (y)

Trapped ! appears to be quite popular on flickr after making Flickr Explore

Back