travel storage

Edit My Images
Yes
after reading dreederuk's review of the compact drive pd-70x i'm thinking it may be a good idea for my travels.

previous plan was to buy two own brand 4gig cards from my memory.co.uk for £132 total. one of these pd70x's with a 40gig drive is only £116 so with that and a couple of 1 gig sandisk ultra 2's for £52 the pair it seems more sensible.

my only issue is that half the trip will be on a motorbike for 5 weeks and i'm worried about hard disks and vibration, although i think this may only be an issue if it is turned on?

the other plan was an ipod but i may not be able to charge it and after reading it takes a whole charge for 2 gig odd comared to the 35-67 gig a charge for the pd70x it seems a bit silly.

thoughts please on a postcard ;)

I think your right (although not 100% sure) about the vibrations only being a problem if the HDD is turned on. An ipod is essentually just a Hard drive with a head phone socket and they survive most knocks and bumps, even when on.
The pd-70x sounds like the best bit to me. But i am addicted to new toys so i would say that

I use a P2000 on my travels ... and wouldn't be without it ! :p

But the PD-70x sounds like a great buy ... go 4 it Noah ! (y)

I really don't think you will find vibrators a problem ... can't see you trying to download on the move ...
:LOL:

Venomator said:
I really don't think you will find vibrators a problem ... can't see you trying to download on the move ... :LOL:
:p:LOL:

yeah, probably should just go and buy it.

still debating over sandisk vs own brand mem cards as the price is twice as high!

noah said:
:p:LOL:

yeah, probably should just go and buy it.

still debating over sandisk vs own brand mem cards as the price is twice as high!

Do it ... ;)

As far as I understand the card thing, and I am far from expert, unless you have top end kit I believe the difference between Sandisk and others is barely noticeable ? But I use Sandisk III anyway so what do I know ... :naughty:

yeah, i think the speed is as near as the same. i'm just a little worried about losing all my pics if anything goes wrong as these cards don't really have a reputation. but i suppose i can get a few 1 gig cards and go for the advantage of redundancy should one fail.

they are selling some generic sd cards on www.emartbuy.co.uk which are 60x and come with a 2 year warranty, 1gb £16.15, 2gb £29.99. The thing is these generic cards are just what other companies buy and put their labels on, there is nothing wrong with them! You just don't get to find out who the manufacturer is. The read/write speed of them is the same as a sandisk ultra 2! complete bargain imo! (y)

Back