Travel tripod recommendations

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I am in the market for a travel tripod and head. Not looking to spend vast sums, it will see occasional use and compact size is more important to me than weight, so not expecting to look at anything in carbon fiber. Bonus points for ≤40cm length when folded down.

I have seen this on sale in Jessops, but it would be good to hear some personal recommendations.
https://www.jessops.com/p/manfrotto/compact-advanced-aluminium-tripod-with-ball-head-155200

Open to second hand if there is something worth keeping my eyes open for.

Ive just bought the 3 legged thingy LEO and im well impressed small and light very solid

Last edited:
I use a Manfrotto Befree and it's pretty good for my uses! I've carried it in a backpack + my m43 camera and lenses all day whilst travelling with no issues.

Me too, not impressed with the head it came with though especially the Manfrotto q/r fitting.
Changed it for a small Arca compatible FLM CB24 ball head I had sat in the drawer

Wow, lots of suggestions, thanks guys.

I started off looking at the cheapy Manfrotto Compact range but was put off by the non-removable heads and have seen reports of them not being great build quality.
There is a lot out there that I have never heard of, particularly when you start looking around amazon and ebay and had discounted them expecting them to be tat.

I popped into WEX last week as I happened to be passing that way with some time to kill and one that really stood out was the 3LT Punks Corey. Build quality looked to be good and folds down incredibly small. It costs a chunk more than I am looking to pay right now, but it just so happens that my upcoming trip has been postponed, possibly until the new year so it may be something I put on my Santa list. :D

Back