Travel Tripod suggestions?

Edit My Images
No
I currently have this as my regular tripod, but I need something that will travel much easier. Lugging around that beast on planes has become out of the question; it's far too large let alone quite heavy.
1. Primarily use tripods for ultra long exposures, so I need something sturdy.
2. Not interested in a tabletop or Gorillapod, because I need flexibility in height.
I was seriously considering this tripod, but I am open to suggestions along these lines.
Any suggestions for something that will fit the bill?

Velbon Luxi or Maxi would be my choice

Save time, save hassle and in the long run, save money and just buy a Gitzo now. They are fantastic tripods and plenty of models to suit. It's too much to say I'd be lost without mine as it's crap at directions but it is stress free to use. It just works and works well, which is all you can ask of a good tripod.

Velbon have recently brought out a compact light tripod they're advertising for travel and aeroplane cabin carriage.

Feisol

http://tinyurl.com/64uhe4c

I've got the forerunner to this and it's very good, ideal for travelling.

I've also got an old Velbon tripod, that's so heavy I never take it anywhere

+1 for the Feisol. I've got the tripod linked to - it is very light, very simple and looks good too. From my experience much better than the equivalently priced Manfrotto or Giottos - it is just easier to work with and folds down much smaller (and yet extends to above head height for me, 6 foot plus).

Expensive but absolutely worth it.

Back