Travel tripod?

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm off to Berlin in April and it's hand luggage only so I can't fit my proper tripod in :crying: What should I be looking at to take? Budget preferably under £100.

Will want it to take the weight of my 70-200 F4L and 50D. Nothing heavier than that :) Also got to fit in my suitcase so will need to collapse to under 50cm, I don't mind taking the head off.

Cheers, Harry.

Hazza said:
Hi,

I'm off to Berlin in April and it's hand luggage only so I can't fit my proper tripod in :crying: What should I be looking at to take? Budget preferably under £100.

Will want it to take the weight of my 70-200 F4L and 50D. Nothing heavier than that :) Also got to fit in my suitcase so will need to collapse to under 50cm, I don't mind taking the head off.

Cheers, Harry.

I have the same problem, Im off to Spain in April and although its a wildlife park trip we are now thinking of doing landscapes in the evenings. This means I need to take a tripod. At present Im thinking of maybe getting a manfrotto 190 tripod, its a little smaller and lighter than my current 055. Have you thought about the red snapper range? I'm going to have a look at them.

Rather more than you want to pay I fear .... clicky

Could have problems getting it through as hand luggage, I always put mine in hold luggage.

hold 5 kilo but there is triad 90 holds 7kg. I got it because it was cheap and chearful, i have manfrotto sometimes carrying full kit all day bit too much for old bones. if dont have a car, public transport ok with small tripod.

Ps amazon have a good returns policy

Check with the airline and (if possible) the airport security companies at both ends that tripods are permitted as hand baggage. I know it's a PITA having to wait for your bag to appear on the carousel but it would be a bigger PITA to have the tripod confiscated at the security check!

Back