Travel Tripod

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks

A bit of advice please .
I am looking for a lightweight travel tripod which will be lighter and more portable than my 190 ProB /RC2/Junior 410 set up
I am looking at the Manfrotto beefree one which seems as if it will do the job ( it will be used with a fuji XT-1/18-135 and possibly the 100-400
Does anyone have any thoughts on this having used one, or any better suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Really no more than £100, I can get the Manfrotto in red from Wex for that

As well as the lightweight one you are looking at I'd also suggest one of these for your bag: https://www.manfrotto.co.uk/pixi-mini-tripod-white

I keep one for those times you are someone and you get the no tripod rule shoved in your face. A lot times it's not seen as anything serious but used carefully it is invaluable.

There's no end of cheapo Chinese made travel tripods on eBay and Amazon for under a ton, some have got favourable reviews, but personally I'd go with a trusted brand like you've found. I went from a 190xprob to a 3 Legged Thing "Brian" when I got my first travel tripod, but that's over your budget. The Befree looks ok, but a little short fully extended, might give you neck ache if you're over 6 ft tall!

How good is this manfrotto befree ??.. I've not had chance to visit a shop and see it in the flesh but so far I've only heard great reviews?

As far as I can find out it seems reasonable but I thought I would ask for any other inputs before reaching for my flexible friend, but like you I have not seen one in captivity

My worry with travel tripods apart from the carbon fibre ones is that although stated at full capacity at 140cm is it actually strong enough to withstand a decent body with a 70-200 without the bottom section of legs becoming to "flimsy"

My worry with travel tripods apart from the carbon fibre ones is that although stated at full capacity at 140cm is it actually strong enough to withstand a decent body with a 70-200 without the bottom section of legs becoming to "flimsy"

Yes but I think its horses for courses, well it is in my case but I don't think I would want to stick a 5D3+70-200 2.8 on the top, but I don't want one for that.

I've currently got the manfrotto 055xprob with the 327RC2 as a combo for my 5d3 but wanted a lighter option for the "longer" hikes and to take overseas but I'm just worried about its strength with a 5d3 mounted on it.

I've currently got the manfrotto 055xprob with the 327RC2 as a combo for my 5d3 but wanted a lighter option for the "longer" hikes and to take overseas but I'm just worried about its strength with a 5d3 mounted on it.

I have the befree and it's fine with my 5dm3 plus 70-200 or 100-400. Note the height is about 1.5m so can be a little on the short side.

Someone mentioned the tiny tripod and that is a great idea too and also works with the 5dm3.

I have the befree and it's fine with my 5dm3 plus 70-200 or 100-400. Note the height is about 1.5m so can be a little on the short side.

Someone mentioned the tiny tripod and that is a great idea too and also works with the 5dm3.

It just appeals to me for the size of how compact it is when in transit and how light it is for a travel tripod ... I'm only 5ft 4 so height isn't an issue :) :) it wouldn't be my main tripod but would certainly have its place in my armoury so as long as it can withstand the 5d3 with 70-200 I'd be more than happy with that (I only have the f4 version too, so that should cut down the weight) just without seeing it I'm not sure how thin the bottom legs are or how the ball head holds my body.

Thank you that,s the information I wanted

Thanks for everyones input, just ordered the Beefree from Wex and there is a 20% off discount code so got it for £80

I as going suggest Vanguard VEO 235AB Travel Tripod with TBH-50 Ball-Head I to have been looking for a travel tripod in the same price range.

Back