Travelling with Google Maps

Name
Ciaran
Edit My Images
Yes
I am off to Bruges and Ghent at the weekend and I have used Google Maps to pinpoint a number of destinations (restuarants, boat trips etc.). Is there a good way to export these maps for use on the go? I'd be happy to print them but there isn't a way of printing off each location at a more zoomed-in level so the maps just have several pins on an indistinguishable map of Bruges. Alternatively, is there a way to keep them on a phone without having constant access to the internet?

My brother in law didn't want to use data on his Iphone when we went to France last year, so he basically zoomed in as far as he could on the places we were going to/might visit when we had wifi at the gite we were staying in. He then accessed a cached version of the maps while we were out and about, so he didn't get hit for any data charges!

I am off to Bruges and Ghent at the weekend and I have used Google Maps to pinpoint a number of destinations (restuarants, boat trips etc.). Is there a good way to export these maps for use on the go? I'd be happy to print them but there isn't a way of printing off each location at a more zoomed-in level so the maps just have several pins on an indistinguishable map of Bruges. Alternatively, is there a way to keep them on a phone without having constant access to the internet?

Take a screenshot of the map when it's on your mobile phone screen.

My brother in law didn't want to use data on his Iphone when we went to France last year, so he basically zoomed in as far as he could on the places we were going to/might visit when we had wifi at the gite we were staying in. He then accessed a cached version of the maps while we were out and about, so he didn't get hit for any data charges!

Yep, I do this. Just don't reset the iPhone as it wipes the cache (if I remember correctly!).

Back