Travels in Utah

I think I agree. You are fortunate to have such unpolluted skys. And the water looks magical.

Scott & Alix thanks to you both.
No. 1 was my first try at light painting and pleased with the way it came out.

Amazon, and Utah are a photographers dream, hopefully going back there next year. 1 and 4 really stand out to me from what is a excellent set of shots.

A great set. Perhaps No 2 would have improved a lot had you got some sky in it.
Is that Arches Nat park?.

Beautiful. Great set.

Always regret not at least attempting to replicate #1 when we were there - even more so now having seen the quality of yours.

We're going back to the US in Nov and part of the trip will be spent in Monument Valley - can't wait!

Scott & Mark, thanks for your kind comments.

Mark- had a look at your Kimmeridge & Swanage pics on Flickr, superb, trying to get down there myself in the next week or two.

I just love that first shot!
I went there several years ago but only had a point and shoot then. Your pics make me want to go back with some decent kit.

Thanks Steve, have been several times and difficult to get something thats not been done many times before so tried this with light painting.

#1 and #5 here for me too - I just love a sky full of stars and the light-painting works really well.

Just another member with lots to learn :D

Scott & Mark, thanks for your kind comments.

Mark- had a look at your Kimmeridge & Swanage pics on Flickr, superb, trying to get down there myself in the next week or two.

Yes, get yourself down there before the sunrise gets too early/ sunset too late (y)

All good bit 1 and 5 are the best of the bunch IMHO.

How was the food and beer in Utah?

Hi Mike, thanks for your comments.
Food & beer, depends where you go, in places like Moab at the time I went majority of restaurants etc.closed for the season and not open again until March apart from usual McDonalds, Burger King, Dennys etc.
in big cites like Salt Lake its all good.
Moab have a great brewery/restaurant though with excellent selection open all year round

A great set. Perhaps No 2 would have improved a lot had you got some sky in it.
Is that Arches Nat park?.

David sky was very flat on the day was trying to show some scale with the figure in it.
It's not arches national park but just outside Moab

Back