Travels with my Zeiss

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Earlier this year I had a visit to the Zeiss factory at Oberkochen so I thought it would be daft/funny to take my old Ikonta folder along. Here's a shot of the microscope we were looking at:
8627849019_7e965d05a7_c.jpg
[/url] Zeiss Auriga electron microscope by Simonx8123, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also had the chance to look around the company museum - which was understandably amazing. Here are some sneaky cameraphone shots of a couple of the exhibits - for a photography-oriented museum it was a bit weird that there was a sign saying No Photography.

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

That huge lens was just hilarious - that tiny black thing on the end of it is a Hasselblad!!!

Anyway, I finished the roll of film in the Ikonta in Hexham Abbey which was very dark indeed so some of the framing of shots wasn't easy as I had to rest the camera on whatever was available.

8627850245_fc48fb9546_c.jpg
[/url] Hexham Abbey by Simonx8123, on Flickr[/IMG]
8628958368_797fb83ae5_c.jpg
[/url] Hexham Abbey memorial by Simonx8123, on Flickr[/IMG]

Very interesting thread, the big Zeiss lens looks like a beast. The Hexham Abbey shots are nice and sharp too!

Love it! Nice shots, nice project, very jealous, looks like an interesting visit! :)

haha.....talk about white lens envy :)

That Super Tele lens was apperently a one off built for some one off built for someone in Quatar http://www.dpreview.com/news/2006/10/1/zeiss1700f4

From what else I can find estimates range from $300,000 upwards based on 2006 prices.

Wonder if they do on ein a Nikon mount? :cautious: :LOL:

The blurb next to the lens did mention something about it being used for wildlife photography - that just has to mean photos being taken by some sheikh sat in his Range Rover with that thing being towed behind on a gun carriage!!

Back