Tree of Wales

Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I joined the forum this afternoon and this is my 1st post including some of my pics, so don't be too brutal :D

Here are a few pics that I took with my 'point and press' whilst out various walks in the Brecon Beacons. Would welcome your thoughts and opinions.

Anna Elise
Pic #1
Dead_Tree_in_VofE.jpg

Pic#2
Early_Morning_Reservoir.jpg

Pic#3
Branch_at_Henrhyd_Falls.jpg

#2 for me - well composed and nice to look at. The first one is unfortunately missing parts of it!! Walk backwards to get the whole tree in. The third one is oof - I would suggest suffering from camera shake at 1/6th second - Try a faster shutter speed.

Good first posts - Welcome to TP and enjoy your journey. You will learn loads that's for sure.

Another vote for #2, well done :clap:

1st could have been very nice with all the tree in, 2nd has a nice spooky feel to it

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated and very welcome. Since these were taken on my point and press I have learnt a little about shutter speed, wide angle lenses, etc, and now in possession of a DSLR, so maybe it's time to get back to these locations and see if I can improve on these pics ;)

Thanks again

AnnaElise

First shot, I like the most. It's sharp and I love the background (clouds) .. they give a nice "body" to the image. Also nice, the shadows. (y)

Second shot, slightly soft (not sure if that's due to the mist in the air, or the shot being a bit out of focus :shrug:) .. but a nice dramatic effect with mist, lake and background.

Third shot, sorry .. but it is way out of focus and seems to suffer a "bit" from camera shake.

The first 2 shots work great in B&W (y)

I've found, one of the best ways to learn to improve my skills is to shoot, check the shots on my computers and see where I've gone "wrong", then go back and try to shoot the same picture only this time "fix" my mistakes. Because of this, you'll see me up the same waterfall week-in week-out .. until I get a really good shot that I like, am happy and content with.

Good luck with your dSLR.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :wave:

Back