Tree Silhouette

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
A new take on an old post.

4gbCF298-tree-1.jpg

C & C welcome.

Lovely, but the crop at top is tight as it gets :) I presume this could not be helped?

The jet trail catches the eye a bit. Like the tree though.

Thanks for the input guys.

No crop was made on this image, but agree its a bit tight to the top of the frame.

Here's another from the set with a slight crop on the foreground, more sky above the tree and err... no jet trail? :shrug:

4gbCF296-tree-2-1.jpg

Thanks Ven.

Second shot is superb. Was the 2nd shot taken before the 1st as I cant help noticing the white spot (contrail ??) in the centre, top part of the tree. Brush tool in PP should do the trick. I am not nickpicking only trying to make a superb shot more superb. :)

In this shot you have mastered the exposure and the composition has little fault but for the tip of the tree being missing which you quickly correct with your second version.
The question remains though; what interest or focal point is in this picture? The tree is not particularly attractive (except to Sawman who can probably tell us how many 6x2's it could produce) and there is no other item or activity to engage the viewer.

I cannot tell you how to improve this picture as it is well taken however there is no retaining interest in this photograph and I suggest you use the skills applied to this image to further subjects where the viewer might be better engaged.

Cheers for all the positive respons everyone. Its nice to know its a good shot and where to look to try and improve.

The second shot 'was' slightly earlier than the first, but I hadn't noticed the trail behind the tree. Others often seem to see more in my pics than I do which is another area of my photography that need a bit more attention.

:)

Back