Trees, Hill & Two Crazy Horses

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken yesterday afternoon around Gretton, Winchcombe & finally Cleeve Hill, Cheltenham. First 4 shots taken with Sigma 10-20mm,... last 2 with Nikon 70-210mm. Fill in flash used on Horse shots to further exagerate look of the beasts ;) . All comments / criticism welcome.

Gretton_1.jpg

Horse_1.jpg

horse_2.jpg

Cyclist.jpg

Cleeve_Hill_8.sized.jpg

Cleeve_Hill_4.jpg

Ooh. No 5 works for me - like that.
First horse looks a bit over-flashed - see the shadow on the horse's flank? That shouldn't be there.

Numbers 1, 5 and 6 do it for me, Dave. Looks like the 10-20 is a very nice piece of glass though :thumb:

Nice one DJW, the last two are more my cup of tea, think you've got those spot on. They great such a great mood and the last image says to me "sitting and having a rest at the end of a long day, Knackered!!" Great Mood!

The horse shots are great Dave but I agree with Rob that the first one is over flashed. Make the head look like it was superimposed! :D

SammyC said:
The horse shots are great Dave but I agree with Rob that the first one is over flashed. Make the head look like it was superimposed! :D

Agreed with both Dave ... and other comments although I would add;

1. Could do with cropping a bit of the un-interesting foreground out ? Might increase the interest in an otherwise great shot ... imho ! :thumb:
2 & 3 done already. Although 3 is not so good as 2 for me !
4. Good perspective and looks like he's got somewhere to go - not a great deal of other interest, sky etc., but then ... does it need it ? :ponders:
5 & 6 as others have said these are really the cream of the crop ... lovely and I like ... lots ! :smilenod:

Thanx for sharing Dave ... :smilenod:

I like 1, 5 and 6. Especially the colours in No.1 and the crop of No.5.

I think the 2 horse shots would have benefitted from a longer focal length and subtler light. And the cyclist looks stationary, maybe a different angle and some subtle motion blur? I dunno, I'm a newbie lol :)

Thanks for comments guys. Funny how the last 2 shots seem fave, were actually the last shots of the afternoon with light getting very low. Atmosphere can make up for loss of contrast, sharpness etc :)

pretty good dave, i like the effect the wide angle gives, and #5 is by far my fav

Five here also - gives a great sense of scale capturing that person like you have.
:)

Back