Trees Trees And More Trees**** Black And White Conversions Added ***

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Some tree shots from today with eosjohn when we got back we were freezing so I made us a massive Full English Breakfast fry up, that soon warmed us up, C+C Welcome, on the trees not the breakfast :LOL:

3050825480_6d6512cab2_o.jpg

3050825742_852fcd1c7c_o.jpg

3050825102_cc4bfdae7f_o.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
I really like the composition of the first shot:) but they are all great.

Thanks MrsDepp and Gary Gary 11 oclock this morning, I was out early this morning up at 4, the sky was stunning, around 6am, so I went out it was really cold, and daft me forgot to change the ISO and ended up with nothing, well the shots are ok but not brill

Like that first one (y)
Certainly was cold this morning.
Perhaps I could come next time; for the breakfast :LOL:

Your second shot. I am wondering how soon it will be before the plough kills the roots of the third tree.

They've been like that for years as long as I can remember,slowly getting more skeletal, the fields arent actually ploughed, just lawn mowed, although it does look like ploughed field, hope it snows tomorrow going back if it does thanks for looking

They've been like that for years as long as I can remember,slowly getting more skeletal, the fields arent actually ploughed, just lawn mowed, although it does look like ploughed field, hope it snows tomorrow going back if it does thanks for looking

They may not be ploughed now, but it is plain to see they once were. That being the case the last one may now be able to live in peace. Hope you get your snow! Thinking about it. That line of trees may mark where there once was a hedge growing too.

A fine set Dave!

#1 and #2 for me and particularly #2! Love the composition!:clap:

Yes Charlie I agree I think it was once the boundary to fields with a hedge but not in my time, (y) no snow today

Thanks John and Jenny (y)

Thought it had been. Another of my little quirks, reading the landscape. Found an ancient settlement once in a wood we were about to clearfell. I reported there was "something" there on the ground. For my pains I had the job stopped till the archaeologists checked it out. Then they slapped all sorts of restrictions on me about how the timber should be taken off!
Such is life!

Excellent Dave. I prefer #3 with the half an avenue - great idea. Like them all very much.

Dave...I've dropped in on this thread a number of times. I really like your shots, but of course, I'm a sucker for trees of all sorts. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hiya. I love the composition in number 2, but they are all really good, if I come out at that time can I have some breakfast :D

Thanks Russell, I wasnt sure of that shot really, I dint take the both sides as there where lots of parked cars on the left side, if I go back early enough, there should be no cars, (y)

Cheers Hunter, me too I love trees (y)

Thanks Sophie,of course you and Jay are welcome for breakfast,(y) when did you change your Member name

Good composition, colour an detail in all shots Dave. Would love to see a B&W version of 1 and 2. You've given me the bug to go out and get some tree shots now. Like them all (y)

Number #2 is the pick for me. It's almost like three stages of growth from left to right :)

Thanks Lee it was a similar thought that drove me to capture them (y)

Cheers Marky (y)

Ta Maureen, I never thought of B/W conversions, I'll give them a go (y) Look forward to seeing your tree shots, I'll look out for them

Last edited:
Really like the 2nd one dave. The sepia toning works well and gives it a great solitary, wintry feel. Nice work (y)

Not sure about the 2nd. Perhaps more contrast to give it more atmosphere and bring out that stark wintry look. Had a go at an edit. Feel free to delete it if you don't like it :)

3050825480_6d6512cab2_oeditTP.jpg

Thanks Maureen I like your edit, it looks good,(y) maybe a little dodging in the first tree trunk in the dark part at the bottom and the far one to give a bit of separation from the background trees it didnt seem to need it in the colour version , but did when I did the BW conversion and I added a slight vignette

Dave

Last edited:
These are really very nice, reminisent of the oaks at Windsor, much prefer the 'vintage' conversions :)

Back