Trials with Dougie Lampkin and Friends

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Back again took these at a local spot on the outskirts of Sheffield
nearly got killed a hundred times but fun trying to get the timing right bit scary when your staring down the lens because you can't keep an eye on other riders crashing all around you
Cheers for looking Richard

Jump2_copy.jpg

jump3_copy.jpg

trial_1_copy.jpg

trail_2_copy.jpg

jump4_copy.jpg

jump5_copy.jpg

Looks more like motocross to me ;)

Anyway the pictures:
#1 - Good capture, but looks a bit dark on this monitor. The framing as it is looks a bit tight to me (his foot is really close to the edge of the frame), but the main thing for me as someone who participates in extreme sports is that there is no context, you can't see where he's come from or going, is he 2ft in the air or 20ft?

#2 - Good composition within the frame, lighting looks tricky on this one as the sun is coming from his right and you are shooting his right side, so quite contrasty. My main nitpick would be the chopped off heads at the bottom of the frame, zooming out would have given the context (see #1) or a lower viewpoint would have the rider in the sky without heads.

#3 - I like details shots like these, shows what the event is about (bikes and mud!)

#4 - See #1 & #2, but also there are leaves in the frame that could be cropped out, but the top of his head has been cropped out.

#5 - This one looks a bit soft, but it is my pick of the bunch, you can see where he came from and is going and his eyes which is always a bonus in this type of shot. Maybe the shot could be improved by having more or less tree in the frame, but that would be something to experiment with.

#6 - This one looks a bit dark too, and all my comments are covered on the earlier shots.

Thanks for the detailed critique and info most people just put whether or not they like it but not many give advice on how to improve there photos. Sorry about the title it was a bit of a mixed bag day there was a stunt show a motocross trial and some trials biking but forgot to add the trials photos.
I'll try better next time

Hi Richard

Can you point me in the direction of some more dates and the location of this event please - live in Sheffield but not seen any details anywhere - it looks like quite a challenge - Ill have some of that

regards

David

No probs Dave al check when its back on again i think there's events throughout the year. Its just off the m1 at junction 36 near tankersley mcdonalds I'll message u when i know more. It was the first time id been to one of these events it was great fun taking pictures and the fans make it a great atmosphere

nice shots rich, ive not done anything like this before like you and so i think youve done a great job, really captured the action

Back