Critique Tried Portraits again, natural light..

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Not had much experiance with Portraits but have tried a few and quite enjoy it, i work as a motorsport tog so decided to grab a victim today at the track and have another bash. All natural evening light as sun was starting to go down, i edited them with a pre set from grater than Gatsby which i think kind of has made them look a little soft which im not sure i like now...

I now no little kids dont look where you want them too lol

Anyway any tips etc appreciated

Thanks
Harry

a1 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a2 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a3 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a4 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a5 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a6 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

a7 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

Nice shots, I much prefer the black and whites. The colours are way over saturated.

1&6 get my vote.

Not overly keen on the signature mind. "Harry Lessman Photographer" doesn't make much sense to me.

thanks, was a Gastby preset but does look a bit over cooked although it was taken with a low setting winter sun so was quite saturated straight out the camera, i also prefer the black and white. Think ill re do and tone it down a bit.

That signature isnt my normal trading name or logo, i tend to just use it when im not shooting work related motocross images which is what i do full time for a living..

cheers

Colour is massively over saturated. Colour would be better than B&W for this subject, but not massively over processed colour.

The thing for me is they all look like 'smile for the camera' pics. I think with a natural smile or laugh it would help a lot and bring the feeling in the images up.

Back